Chapter 6 Sehs 'taking Pride'

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by jasonpfc, Feb 13, 2021.

1. jasonpfc

jasonpfc Well-Known Member

So I'm on chapter 6 on SEHS journey mode 'taking pride' yet not one of the services is pride livery, am I missing the point here?

To me 'taking pride' should be the driver (me) being in control of the pride train throughout that chapter, yet not once I've seen it.

• Like Like x 1
  2. junior hornet

junior hornet Well-Known Member

I understand that the Trainbow livery is random.

I haven’t done this scenario but maybe the definition of the word pride is different in this instance - e.g. taking pride in your driving?

• Like Like x 1
  3. jasonpfc

jasonpfc Well-Known Member

I get that the trainbow is random, no issue with that, but the wording of the chapter, some people would assume that it's a pride livery chapter, not just taking pride in your driving as you have pointed out above

• Like Like x 2
  4. matthewbguilford

matthewbguilford Well-Known Member

I would take this as pride in your driving if it is part of chapter 6. I’m assuming it’s the last chapter?
    EDIT: After taking a look at the Journey mode, seeing chapter 6 “Taking pride” that also shows a picture of the Trainbow livery that this is what this chapter is intended to be about.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2021
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  5. SonicScott91

SonicScott91 Well-Known Member

I took it as taking pride in your work for getting that far. The chapter has an image of the trainbow livery on the menu though which is a bit misleading as there's only a rare chance of actually getting that livery when playing those services.

6. jeanmarc094

jeanmarc094 Well-Known Member

7. DTG Natster

DTG Natster Producer Staff Member

This is not a reference to LGBT+ Pride.

Although it would have been a nice title had you been guaranteed to be driving the trainbow livery during this scenario.

• Like Like x 2
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  8. Doomotron

Doomotron Well-Known Member

Yeah, it was certainly a missed opportunity!

9. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

Chapter titles are sometimes unrelated to the content for reasons unknown. I think the first chapter for the C40-8W in SPG was called Yard Work. What would you expect for a chapter with that title? Yes, some running up and down the main line and exactly zero yard work. Train Sim It’s a Funny Old World 2.

• Like Like x 3
  10. dreampage

dreampage Well-Known Member

Given the "pride" in the title and more importantly the trainbow on the thumbnail, I would assume that services in this Journey chapter would deliberately generate the trainbow loco for you to drive, even if it's random everywhere else. It's a little bit misleading to be honest. I thought the chapter would be an opportunity to see and drive the trainbow for everyone, in case they don't have the luck in other modes and services. Not a big deal, just would've been nice.

• Like Like x 4
  11. Alex_m30x#7297

Alex_m30x#7297 Well-Known Member

could this maybe become true?

• Helpful Helpful x 1