Chesapeake And Ohio Railroad Late 1940s

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by khalidaliishmail, May 4, 2020.

1. khalidaliishmail

khalidaliishmail Active Member

Route: Possibly between Huntington and Charleston covering ~50 miles approx. My knowledge of US railroad specifics is very sketchy, so this is all very rough. What I do know is that I want to drive and see these amazing machines in the game. American steam locomotives were by a substantial margin the best in the world. Absolutely blow every other countries steam locomotives out of the water. Only some Russian 5ft broad gauge locomotives and their use of the more generous loading gauge could match up.

I would expect the route to be semi-fictional, as trying to recreate the exact trackwork from the 1940s seems like an unfathomable task, therefore imagination could be used to fill in the gaps, as long as the look and structure of route matches the era and surroundings.

K-4 class 2-8-4: These were excellent locomotives that hauled freight in addition to being very capable of hauling passanger services. I believe these were essentially scaled down C&O T-1 2-10-4s and shared a lot of its design with Nickel Plate Road 2-8-4s, although they were slightly heavier.
    [​IMG]

J-3a class 4-8-4 In my opinion one of the best looking 4-8-4s, even when in their original black livery. For express passenger duties
    [​IMG]

H-8 (1600-1644) class 2-6-6-6: The first batch of 45 H-8s that weighed 771,300lbs and had over 10,000 sq ft of combined heating surface. The 2nd largest (or largest depending on debate) steam locomotive type ever produced.
    [​IMG]

All of these classes have at least one member preserved so that should potentially make modelling them a lot easier.

Last edited: May 4, 2020
    • Like Like x 4
  2. jedi247

jedi247 Well-Known Member

The H8 Alleghenys would be amazing. We really need steam locos in TSW.

• Like Like x 1