Chiltern Mainline For Tsw2

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by djhawtin1, Mar 14, 2021.

?
  1. Yes

30 vote(s)
    96.8%
  2. No

1 vote(s)
    3.2%
  1. djhawtin1

djhawtin1 Well-Known Member

Hi all, i am going to suggest the Chiltern Mainline for TSW2 And i am going to split this into 3 Sectors Route Overview, Locomotives, Description.
    Route Overview
    The part i am suggesting is London Marylebone-Banbury [in Oxfordshire]
    And this section is approximately 80 miles and takes 1h 12m to do the full route on express services
    And Maybe [Actually not with limitations With the Game] a connection from GWE at Reading to Banbury Via Oxford so you can complete the services to Oxford and Banbury
    Locomotives
    Class 165/0
    [​IMG]
    Class 168/0
    [​IMG]
    Class 168/1 & 2
    [​IMG]
    Class 172/1
    [​IMG]
    Class 68 [Express Service Formation]
    [​IMG]
    Mk3 Coach [With Plug Doors]
    [​IMG]
    Mk3 DVT
    [​IMG]
    Description/Conclusion
    Personally i think this route would be good because it has a variety of trains, the route length is possibly one of the longest routes in TSW And has the most Train Formations than any other route. The route has got a variety of stops and depots and a connection to the underground at Marylebone it could have a lot of connectivity with other DLC's and the way some of the timetable is designed means its very complex, but not as complex as other london suburban routes, and if you want this route please like and vote Yes if you want this route
    [More Info on the Chiltern Main Line]

Last edited: Mar 15, 2021
    • Like Like x 8
  2. elarthur

elarthur Well-Known Member

Great suggestion. This route splits outside Marylebone to go via both Denham and Rickmansworth to end up at Aylesbury. Also used to feature (many years ago) the Uxbridge High Street branch just East of Denham which has long since vanished from existence.

• Like Like x 2
  3. ZeenozPlays

ZeenozPlays Well-Known Member

How many stations would this route have?

4. rhyttik

rhyttik Active Member

I think the Chiltern main line will be perfect but why no London/princess risbrough to Aylesbury

• Like Like x 1
  5. Wolfovizer

Wolfovizer Well-Known Member

Great suggestion :)

6. djhawtin1

djhawtin1 Well-Known Member

8 Including Banbury & Marylebone

• Like Like x 2
  7. elarthur

elarthur Well-Known Member

Prior to using the Class 68 locomotives, the usual traction was in the form of Class 67 locomotives. Also in use on this route prior to 1992, were the Class 115 DMU which in their early years had no gangways within unit formation but I believe that they had all been modified to feature them by the time of withdrawal. The Class 115 was externally very similar to Class 117/121 on the Paddington trains being that they were both built to a standard Derby design.

• Like Like x 2
  8. rhyttik

rhyttik Active Member

this will also be perfect for peopel who own Diesel legend of the great western not saying i have it tho s

9. rhyttik

rhyttik Active Member

Only 8? there is like 18 stops on the London to Banbury sectionplus the line should have the pricess risbrough to Aylesbury and Oxford branch