Xbox Chopper And Change Scenario

Discussion in 'TSW Troubleshooting & Issues Discussion' started by ehrenholt, Jun 18, 2020.

1. ehrenholt

ehrenholt Active Member

Hi, the chopper and change scenario had me held at a red signal which the signaller wouldn't clear or let me pass. I had just uncoupled the wagons and gone to the siding to reverse back to the original train

2. TinTin_57

TinTin_57 Well-Known Member

I had the exact same thing on PS4. I am sure it is to do with how accurate you are when you drop the wagons off. I restarted and next time it worked

3. Greb

Greb New Member

Same here!
    I had to restart the scenario to get a yellow signal.
    Part of the problem seems to be the distance indicators on the HUD which are all wrong.
    The first time, I switched camera views to the rear wagon, so I could judge the distance properly at the repair shop. Even though I’d stopped perfectly on the market (1yd), this was obviously not what the game wanted me to do!
    2nd time; I stayed in the cab view and relied on the HUD distance marker, but this time I glitched the wagons all the way through the repair shop and out the other side. Now the loco was on the stopping mark and i had to walk all the way around the building to uncouple they faulty wagons.

Only after doing this did I get the yellow signal and could proceed. The distance makers are also wrong when you re-couple the remaining wagons to the original train. Even though I was right next to the other wagons, it still said I had 130yds to go.

• Helpful Helpful x 2
  4. Tonto62

Tonto62 Well-Known Member

I've done all these scenarios in tsw2020, no problems. Had my third and last attempt at Chopper and Change this evening. I'm not wasting any more precious time on it. I've tried stopping with the rear wagon on the marker, red signal. Tried with the loco on the stop marker with the wagons through the shed. Red signal. "Train on section". No there isn't. Tried it again but changed seats halfway through. No different. I give up.

5. SonicScott91

SonicScott91 Well-Known Member

Try this out.

When you start the scenario, before even doing anything with the Chopper's controls, open up the map and set the points ahead of you so that they are no longer against you. I had the red light situation on PS4 but when I set those points at the start, I didn't have the red light. I admit this could've just been a fluke but it was the only thing I did differently when I finally completed this scenario.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Tonto62

Tonto62 Well-Known Member

Well, fourth time lucky! I don't think I did much different to be honest. I followed the instructions to the letter which means the train goes right through the shed of course. The only thing I was concious of doing differently was, as soon as I stopped with the wagons in the shed, I put the engine in forward ready to move off. As soon as I got back in the seat, the signal was clear. It's a nice little scenario when it works. I hope that eventually we'll be able to make our own shunting scenarios and be able to do more than drive from A to B.

• Like Like x 1