Christmas Closures

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by david5150, Feb 26, 2021.

1. david5150

david5150 Well-Known Member

I’m having a lot of bother with this one. First time after shunting in Acton Yard the train wouldn’t move. This time it moves but the brakes keep applying heading back to Ealing Broadway. Anyone else had trouble with this one?

2. tallboy7648

tallboy7648 Well-Known Member

I have not which is quite odd

3. Olaf the Snowman

Olaf the Snowman Well-Known Member

I haven’t done this one since GWE was first released but from memory, I think it’s the HST service where you switch ends at Acton yard and take it back to Reading.

Did you enable AWS/TPWS and DSD? You need to remember to isolate AWS/TPWS and DSD before switching ends. If you leave AWS and DSD active in both cabs, you’ll keep getting emergency brake applications. Unfortunately, the way they have programmed it is that safety systems remain active even though the cab isn’t active. This is true for most traction in the game.

• Helpful Helpful x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  4. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

Exactly- you have to turn off safety systems in the first cab, and (this is important) turn them off before turning off the master key (which disables all controls at that end).

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  5. david5150

Thinking back I didn’t isolate them in the other cab. I’ll remember next time. I tried three times and had the same happen each time. Thanks guys ;)

6. david5150

Yes it worked fine that time. Thanks again

• Like Like x 3
  7. imstylinonyabro

imstylinonyabro Active Member

This is broken on TSW2 right now. I tried doing a bunch of nonsense that was described to do (which isn't covered in tutorials or part of scenario steps) and the train refuses to move. When i played this on TSW 2020, i had zero issues whatsoever.

8. pinxtonpaws

pinxtonpaws Well-Known Member

I've just redone the scenario and it's fine here. The only thing I had to do outside of the tutorial instructions was close the cab door (when swapping ends at Acton) using the external camera because I couldn't find the 'close door' trigger point after climbing down the steps. But that's just an optional thing anyway....I'm pretty sure it closes automatically as soon as the train sets off.

9. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

I've taken to closing the door when I'm stood in the doorway then running out onto the tracks
    I think the "climb steps" command area is overriding the "close door" area when standing on the ground which makes it difficult