Class 101 Dmu Gear Changing?

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by borg#1850, Jul 2, 2021.

1. borg#1850

borg#1850 Well-Known Member

Morning Group
    I have been using the 101 and have found that at odd times the gear change works in odd ways. Sometimes you can press the up or down button on the PS4 control and it changes gear one step at a time so 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 at others it flies from 1 - 4 ! I have tried to prove if it is the journey or trip in Trans Pennine I am doing or if it is just random. Anyone else had this issue and got a solution.
    I had not used the 101 as changing gear by using the actual lever is time consuming. Having found the buttons work on the left pad, I was hoping to do more trips ad enjoy what people say is a good train to use.
    Thank
    Chris

• Like Like x 1
  2. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

Sometimes the game interface can get very touchy about the difference between a "press" and a hold" Just try to make your "touches" quick.

• Like Like x 2
  3. borg#1850

Oh I am only gently touching the arrow with a tap not even a "Push" Strange! I will give it another go anon

• Like Like x 1
  4. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

Are you sure you are not just seeing it fly from gear 1 to neutral (which on the real lever is past gear 4) as on the immersion controls it is one press on the down pad from gear 1. It makes the lever in the train appear to go to gear 4 but it is actually neutral.

• Like Like x 1
  5. shhweeet#4292

shhweeet#4292 Well-Known Member

If you hold the up on the D Pad it goes straight to gear 4 quick light taps goes up each gear, same goes for going down the box. I’ve never had a problem tbh and Iv’e done the most miles in this train. It’s the most satisfying of the British trains to drive if you get the hang of it so worth persevering with it.

When driving in heavy snow or slippery conditions always start in 2nd gear and don’t full throttle in 4th otherwise all you get is wheel slip and rev flair. Use the lower throttle positions and even skip from 2nd to 4th, again not using full throttle if slippy conditions are really bad.

• Like Like x 2
  6. borg#1850

Maybe i need to see if the sensitivity has changed since the last TSW2 update or something.

• Like Like x 1
  7. forteanjo

forteanjo Active Member

Even using a keyboard, shifting up a gear can sometimes find you revving in neutral instead of the smooth gear change and acceleration you were hoping for.

• Like Like x 1
  8. shhweeet#4292

shhweeet#4292 Well-Known Member

I’m pretty sure it hasn’t. It feels like it always has to me. Sometimes the D Pad can be a little sticky / less sensitive on a rare occasion but 9 times out of 10 it works perfectly. Just keep an eye on the gear indicator display when changing gear.

• Like Like x 1
  9. borg#1850

I had a few runs yesterday with the 101 Dmu and it worked fine! Go figure!

• Like Like x 1
  10. kekanha#4892

kekanha#4892 Active Member

I think you give too much importance to it. When it comes naturally to you, it sure won't happen to you anymore. I say this because it never happened to me, I didn't even know that it happened. I think that giving it too much importance does not always come out. Forget that that happens, play like it never would have happened. You will see that everything is going well.

• Like Like x 1