PlayStation Class 166 Express Services (gwe)

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Mattty May, Jun 9, 2020.

1. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

Hi there,

Does anyone have a list of Class 166 Express services with few or no stops between Paddington and Reading?

Thanks in advance

- matjamca
    :):love::)

2. Lion-Face

Lion-Face Member

There are two I have just completed, around 8am there is one that starts at twyford and only stops at maiden head, then the one directly below it I believe starts reading, stops twyford, maidenhead then paddington I am going off top of head so may be a little off

• Like Like x 1
  3. Lion-Face

Lion-Face Member

Went one better, found this post, check out second reply in thread. Informs of train naming numbers. I didn't know any of this so found it very helpful.

Basically, if the train number starts with a 1 in timetable mode, it is an express train with limited stops. Number 2 is a regular passenger train.

If you find the class 166 trains beginning with 1, then you will find it is an express train.

For example,
    1W14 London Paddington to Great Malvern is an express run in the 166 at 06:52 hours.
    2N12 London Paddington to Oxford is a standard passenger train with many stops at 06:57
    --------------
    Copied from link above.
    --------------
    1. Express passenger train; nominated postal or parcels train; breakdown or overhead line equipment train going to clear the line (headcode 1Z99); traction unit going to assist a failed train (1Z99); snow plough going to clear the line (1Z99)
    2. Ordinary passenger train; Officers’ special train (2Z01)
    3. Freight train if specially authorised; a parcels train; autumn-railhead treatment train; empty coaching stock train if specially authorised
    4. Freight train which can run up to 75 mph
    5. Empty coaching stock train
    6. Freight train which can run up to 60 mph
    7. Freight train which can run up to 45 mph
    8. Freight train which can run up to 35 mph
    9. International Eurostar passenger train; other passenger train if specially authorised
    0. Light locomotive or locomotives

• Like Like x 1