Class 166: Something Looks Wrong With The Bogie

Discussion in 'TSW Troubleshooting & Issues Discussion' started by AlexNL, Dec 17, 2017.

1. AlexNL

AlexNL Well-Known Member

Since the latest update, I've noticed something strange happening to a bar* next to the frontmost wheel on the right-hand side of the cab. If you're zoomed out a bit, it looks like the bar has come off the train and is only attached to the axle!

I've captured a video:
    https://gfycat.com/YellowishZealousEastsiberianlaika

The issue disappears when you zoom in. It only happens to the wheel on the right side (the left side is fine), it also shows at the rear cab on the righthand side of that cab.

* I don't know what engineers call that component

2. pschlik

pschlik Well-Known Member

Looks like one of the hydraulic suspension pistons. Which don't do anything in TSW, but we can dream :P

3. Jef-F

Jef-F Active Member

I've asked Matt about making pistons at least animated ('cause now they look really weird in action), and been told that devs are aiming to make them work visually, but it happened to be more difficult to make them work compared to gangways, hoses and pipes, so it got delayed.

(I am talking about big shock absorbers between bogies and chassis, little ones probably won't work anyway until some 3rd-party content arrives)

Last edited: Dec 17, 2017