PlayStation Class 20

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Gilly, Jun 18, 2020.

1. Gilly

Gilly Well-Known Member

It's 12.20 here in the UK and the venerable Chopper is available in the store, you might have to search it, I did, but she's there. I'm off to do the tutorial, voiced by Matt!

Edit: It's also available on WSR. Strangely can only be selected as a single loco in timetable on TVL whereas 37 can now be single or double headed (see below). Could DTG Protagonist possibly confirm this is correct as I suspect the choice should be on single or double 20's

PS_Messages_20200618_004539.jpg
    PS_Messages_20200618_004531.jpg

Edit2: After reading Stujoy post below and starting a few myself in now aware that the 2x20's is a automatic substitute. Please feel free to delete/amend/archive/cast into the void this thread DTG Protagonist

Last edited: Jun 18, 2020
    • Helpful Helpful x 2
  2. Scotrail156467

Scotrail156467 Well-Known Member

From the uk also bought it on ps store and load the game up and its not showing up on the route

3. Plastic Pal

Plastic Pal Well-Known Member

I think you could be right - I think they meant to put in a substitution with the Class 20s on the double-header 37 services. Can't be 100% sure of that, but I noticed that the double-headed 37s have the locos arranged with the No.1 cabs pointing away from each other, which would be the case for the Class 20s double-header formation. You can see this arrangement for the double-header 37s on the 2D map - it surely isn't a coincidence....?

There must surely be some double-headed Class 20 services....? Class 20s are like The Sith - there are always two of them.... LOL.

4. Gilly

Gilly Well-Known Member

Well I've also seen plenty of psuedo class 13's running about too in the form of nose to nose 08's in and around Tees yard.
    It's going to be fun trying to drag heavier freight about with only one 20 on the front!

5. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

The substitution is automatic with single and double headed formations so you don’t need to choose a variety. The Class 37 has been rejigged to make sure the Class 20s are arranged nose to nose when they sub in for a double header, so the 37 double is now a specific livery choice.

The first run I did was a double from timetable mode but I stopped after a few minutes because of the very poor LOD transitions on the loco as I posted about as a ‘first impression’ thread. I went to bed all disappointed and haven’t looked at it since.

• Helpful Helpful x 2