Class 26

Discussion in 'Loco Suggestions & Proposals' started by ArTrailfanRaf214, Dec 14, 2020.

1. ArTrailfanRaf214

ArTrailfanRaf214 Member

I would like to see a Class 26 for train simulator, it is one of my most favourite BR locomotives. I would really like to see an upgrade to the IHH Model or an originally made from scratch DTG version and like to see scenarios for Weardale and Teesdale and/or Western Lines of Scotland.

2. Cat

Cat Well-Known Member

Many here would like to see the entire IHH catalogue tweaked and re-released, me included.

• Like Like x 4
  3. dcr raptor

dcr raptor Member

+1
    Would like to see it bundled with the Class 17 and released with scenarios for the Western Lines of Scotland.
    Also locomotive packs with scenarios for the Class 22, 44, 46, and 82.

• Like Like x 1
  4. USRailFan

USRailFan Active Member

The 26 is one of the most sorely missed I think. Would be at home not only on WLoS but WCML North too, possibly even Settle - Carlisle and the Highland routes. They also survived until 92-93ish and as such carried most of the liveries BR has had since their inception (I've seen pictures in both Trainload Coal and "Dutch" livery)

5. Cyclone

Cyclone Well-Known Member

Posted this two months ago myself, no replies to it. I also asked for the IHH bonus content. I found a scenario pack that needs it. And the 26. And the 40 which I suspect is no longer available. And the 101 which I KNOW is no longer available. And the 27, 105, and 24, all of which are available.

6. inversnecky

inversnecky Well-Known Member

Would love to see a Class 26 too - it and the 47 were the two main locos that served my local line.

7. theorganist

theorganist Well-Known Member

I have often mentioned the idea of more of the IHH catalogue being released, it gets met with a wall of silence.

I have some of his catalogue but there are some items I wouldn't like to see released like the ECML diesel chapter pack and the port road steam chapter packs. I do have the class 26 and it is a nice looking model and the sounds are okay too, apart from the lack of run sounds which seems to be a feature of a lot of older stock.

A proper 1960's to 1980's SCR route would be great. I wonder if the upcoming JT Highland Mainline will be pre or post 2019 signalling upgrades.

8. Cyclone

Cyclone Well-Known Member

"Highland Main Line will be available as a 'stand-alone' route for Train Simulator 2021 and also as an extension for the Just Trains Kyle Line - Inverness to Kyle of Lochalsh route."

Was Kyle Line (2018 release) setup upgraded in 2019 as well, Or is it, as I think, a simple token system? I guess it could be either option; what exactly were the signal upgrades on Highland?.

9. theorganist

theorganist Well-Known Member

I think the Kyle line predates 2018, that was when it was available on Steam I think. I have had it a few years but have barely driven it.

From what I have read, I don't know the area but I like to check these things, there were a couple of places on the Highland mainline where loops were extended and mechanical signalling replaced, by modern signalling to allow an increase to service frequency. I think some of it is still semaphore. If it is pre upgrades I will probably purchase it an pretend it is 20 or 30 years ago.

10. inversnecky

inversnecky Well-Known Member

With Inverness due to feature in at least one more route, it needs a Class 26!

• Like Like x 1