Xbox Class 313 Derail Bug Still Present Despite Latest Update

Discussion in 'TSW Troubleshooting & Issues Discussion' started by cloudyskies21, Jun 26, 2022.

1. cloudyskies21

cloudyskies21 Well-Known Member

Lately, there has been problems of the derail bug affecting several routes, Sandpatch, SOS etc across TSW 2, however I've only ever experienced this with the 313, specifically with the ECW timetable. Weirdly, the 313 works fine on London Commuter, as well as via the scenario planner on several other routes.

So, I read in the latest patch notes which said: "an improvement to derailing (specifically for Spirit of Steam, but also effective across other routes too)".

Since the last update and with this mentioned, I thought I'd try a Seaford service on ECW. Managed to do a return trip without issue, and thought the latest patch had fixed the derail bug.

However, I tried a Seaford service again today, and, annoyingly, the derail bug ended the service. :(

Please get this fixed DTG, the Class 313 is one of my favourite trains - which I can't even use on ECW. :| It's not acceptable of having this game-breaking bug still there.

Last edited: Jun 26, 2022
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  2. FD1003

FD1003 Well-Known Member

Admittedly I haven't done a lot of services with the 313 but I have done quite a few of them (I think around 10-15 IIRC), and only got a random derailment once.

I recommend turning the regenerative brake off, and not use step 3 braking unless you really need to, that's the only thing I can think of.

Sad to hear you have those problems as I find the 313 quite fun

Last edited: Jun 26, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  3. cloudyskies21

Thanks for replying. So, having re-played a few 313 services on ECW, the bug is definitely to do with braking.

I've noticed this annoying issue seems to occur mostly around 70mph if notch 3 braking is used - and to keep time on schedule, I'm normally hard on the brakes. As you say, not hardly using notch 3 braking seems to be a way to prevent the bug and I've been able to complete some services on ECW since. Just for context, I turn the dynamic brake control off.

Hopefully DTG can sort a fix for the bug, this was never an issue at the time this DLC came out. I also hope they fix the middle carriage light, which is always off too.

Yeah, the Class 313 is one, if not my favourite train on TSW 2 - have completed about 50 services with it on ECW alone. :)

• Like Like x 1
  4. FD1003

FD1003 Well-Known Member

Happy to know it was useful advice.
    I don't want to tell you how to play the game but personally apart from a few routes where the timings are set manually by the creator (like BML) the schedule is created simply using how much time the AI trains take from one station to the next, this often means that the game requires you to drive unrealistically hard, as if you always had to recover from a delay.

I personally just drive as realistically as possible, and learn how much time off the schedule would actually mean that I'm late.

IIRC for ECW my aim was +2/+3 minutes at Seaford and Brighton.

Last edited: Jun 30, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  5. DTG Alex

DTG Alex Community Manager Staff Member

Hello, just jumping on to the thread - we have heard the reports of derailment issues and i've forwarded it to the development team to look into.

• Like Like x 1
  6. FD1003

FD1003 Well-Known Member

Hm? I'm sure Matt said he was aware of this issue not long after the train was released, together with the motor power and DSD.

Not sure it the recent buffer issues made the situation worse but I'm fairly confident the problem was already noted months ago

7. Pipe

Pipe Well-Known Member

You might add other routes with the same problem: MSB (pointed out 100 times in other threads) and the last I experienced was on SKA DB 83113 with a 185.2.

I´m on PS4 (yeah, I know) but all these routes have worked before some updates.

8. DTG Alex

DTG Alex Community Manager Staff Member

Apologies if I was confusing as I am still catching up with what errors have been logged in the past. There have been more reports of derailments after the recent update so I thought i'd make sure to remind the team that problem persists and try to get an update.

• Like Like x 4
  9. FD1003

FD1003 Well-Known Member

No worries - I was just thinking aloud. It's still good news. Thanks for the update anyway

• Like Like x 2
  10. cloudyskies21

Cheers, no worries, always happy for any advice, plus interesting to see how others play TSW 2.

Thanks for confirmation, Alex, that's good to hear.

• Like Like x 2
    • Helpful Helpful x 1