Class 323 Emergency Brake Problem

Discussion in 'Technical Reports' started by Anthony Smith, Mar 20, 2021.

1. Anthony Smith

Anthony Smith New Member

The 323 goes into emergency when I arrived at my destination while playing the cross city 1st scenario. I can't release the emergency brake, I've tried everything but nothing helps. Can anyone help me?

Thanks

2. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

Which Destination?

3. TrainSim-Steve

TrainSim-Steve Senior Producer Staff Member

Anthony, press D to move the handle into the maximum Emergency Brake setting, then press A to move the handle toward the apply power setting.

Best, Steve

4. rovinronnie

rovinronnie New Member

This has happened to me on 3 separate occasions now, all running smoothly then when stopped, a beeper comes on and the em brakes come on. Tried everything to try and release them but nothing, tried releasing master key, Q , DRA off, DSD off, drive into neutral but nothing happens . The manual is quite pathetic as explains nothing but what each button does,not that they do anything to help. Really really annoying,

• Like Like x 1
  5. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

Before you start your run use Ctrl+D which will isolate the DVD - That is what is causing the Bleeping Sound
    Or use the Q button to Cancel it when you hear it

• Like Like x 1
  6. rovinronnie

rovinronnie New Member

I used the Q button , pressed ctrl D, E, Y (DRA) Master key , accelerator, just keeps beeping away with no combination making any difference. Would be nice if the solution was included in the documentation but it is very sadly lacking, it assumes you've been using train simulator for ages and you are familiar with the setup. It's really poor for any novice whose trying to get to grips for the first time or people like me who haven't played it for a while. The lack of any real solution seems to indicate nobody else has any solution for this either.

• Like Like x 1
  7. rovinronnie

rovinronnie New Member

Same thing again tonight, started at Lichfield, hooked up at BNS , changed cabs , short while beeps came on, numerous key presses ( Q, E, Ctrl w etc.) , nothing , just a constant beeping. Time to go , Em brake comes on, going nowhere. Can't be just me and Anthony having these problems, Does anyone from DTG actually read these forums, would be nice to get a reply as to what is actually going on.

• Like Like x 1
  8. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

There is a Sequence to go thru

Having put the Master Key in you move the Direction Leaver to Neutral -
    The AWS Sounds and you cancel it with the Big Button or the Q
    You now use Ctrl+D (at the same time) and that will isolate the DSD
    Apart from the sound made by the Doors there should be no more beeping

Instead of going in to a Scenario and trying to work out what to do try a Free Roam
    You can pick the 323 and then any Electrified Route - Chose where you are going to drive between
    There are no points to be lost or gained and there is no stopping pattern apart from the Destination.
    But you get to practice with any train on any route to get used to how it works

Peter

9. rovinronnie

rovinronnie New Member

Thanks Peter, the last time I did isolate DVD/DSD but didn't deactivate it again after changing cabs and on came the alarm. Not too bothered about the alarm coming on, just frustrated that there appears to be no way of actually recovering from it. The free roam is a good idea but I prefer to get straight into a scenario and learn against a set schedule. I suppose the thing to remember is is to always de activate DVD/DSD when setting up the cab for the first time and I assume this will apply to all trains.

10. Reef

Reef Well-Known Member

I use/activate wherever possible the DSD as I have a pedal to simulate it's proper use, (continuously pressed and then released and depressed again upon alarm) however, there have been occasions with various trains when due to seeking screenshot opportunities or looking around at scenery in the outside cam views I have missed the DSD alarm, on some of those occasions I too have found the train unrecoverable and the only option is to exit the scenario.

I'm wondering if maybe there is something amiss in the DSD code with some of the loco/units causing this?

11. rovinronnie

rovinronnie New Member

Re-assuring to hear others have had similar issues. I completed another scenario on the Cross City line today, made sure I deactivated DVD when entering each cab and everything was fine. I was hoping there was a way of having DVD off as a default setting but it doesn't appear to be available.

12. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

The default for most trains is On and it takes two keys to turn it off - not that difficult

13. 805 BENBOW

805 BENBOW Active Member

Brought this mainly for the route but decided to take the class 323 for a quick drive and guess what the DSD emergency alarm activated despite pressing CTL and D . So following last night stream it was said '' we read the forums and see what is posted both positive and negative.'' Well, DTG you've had long enough to either give us a fix to the issues surrounding the Class 323 or just a common courtesy of giving players an update ! Thank you.

Last edited: Jul 9, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  14. stephenvalek682

stephenvalek682 New Member

Using an Xbox controller and with most trains just requiring A button to cancel the sunflower warning system on train startup. With the 323 I'm having to manually press the EWS reset yellow button (I have touchscreen) but also there's another higher pitched and faster warning alarm whilst running on route.
    This is sometimes remedied by moving the throttle down to emergency setting and back up to power setting. But with tight timetable times, the whole thing is a complete pain to keep running.

Something with the DVD, but is there anything but throttle that controls it and switches it off?

Last edited: Jan 5, 2024
  15. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

Before moving the train try Ctrl + D and see if that works now.

16. stephenvalek682

I've sorted it now so I'll share if it helps anyone else.....

If you're running close to a yellow warning signal, it's the standard EWS reset (big yellow button) and if you don't press it in time and you start losing power. Throttle down to emergency and direction lever right down and back up to neutral. Throttle up to zero then toggle the direction lever between neutral and forward until the warning light bleeps then EWS yellow button to switch it off.
    You get used to it and it sounds more complexed explaining it than doing it.

The other high pitched sound that can suddenly stop the train which I presume is the DVD alarm system. I found that if you listen carefully enough you can cancel it by simply taking the throttle lever down to the first braking stage then back on the power. Usually within about 5 seconds of the alarm sounding...

Quick drive is the best way to try it all out I found.

Just hope this helps and works for others.

17. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

Before you reach a Yellow, Double Yellow or a Red Signal you will go over an AWS Magnet in the centre of the track - normally about 200 yards from the Signal - get ready to cancel the AWS when the warning sounds.

Did you try Ctrl + D to see if that disabled the Alerter?

18. stephenvalek682

I'm using an Xbox controller but can you tell me what Ctrl + D is usually used for.... A button? Throttle or direction lever?

Thanks

19. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

Ctrl + D is a virtual On/Off switch to stop the DSD Sounding.
    There is no button in the Cab as it is something that is on all the time in real life.

As you are new to the game this video might help - it's 8 years old now but the way things work has not changed

• Like Like x 1
  20. stephenvalek682

Yes, definitely to do with dropping off the throttle but some say quickly within 2/3 seconds of the alarm sounding.

21. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

If you read the manual on Page 10 it mentions what the various keys are to do things.

Using Ctrl+D will switch the Vigilance Off so you don't have to use it
    If you don't do that then E will reset it when it sounds. -
    No idea if there is a button on an Eggs Box but if the keyboard is plugged in it makes it easier to use E

22. Spikee1975

Spikee1975 Well-Known Member

Eggs box :D

23. Reef

Reef Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 1
  24. stephenvalek682

Love the "Eggs box" reference but it's not an eggs box.
    Asus Rog Ally follows Xbox controller in its button configuration. Touch screen can move levers and press buttons on the train and you can call up a digital keyboard or configure it to run on keyboard instructions but for the sake of moving a lever back to brake on an alarm sounding, I'll stick to it as it is ..

* The class 360 EMU is very similar to 323 I've recently noticed *

Last edited: Jan 11, 2024