Class 375 And Class 377

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Bryer, Feb 5, 2021.

1. Bryer

Bryer Well-Known Member

I wasn't sure where to post this without it turning into an arguement.

So here goes. What's the actual problem with the sounds of the Class 375 being copied from the 377?

In theory they are both the exact same unit and only given a different Class for some minor configuration issues between TOC's.

Both are made by Bombardier, and use the same bogies, same body shell, the same control desks and the same traction motors. Just one was ordered by the government and one was ordered by a rail leasing company.

They are both officially Electrostars built in the same factory.

All YouTube videos I can find, they both sound the same. If you close your eyes, you'd be hard pushed to know which was which.

If someone could please provide evidence of the differences that would be great as these units as far as I can tell have the same DC traction motors.

If DTG has the wrong 377 sounds, it would explain a lot. However asking them to amend the sounds (to the high level expected) during a pandemic is a bit off.

2. RobSkip

RobSkip Well-Known Member

The 377 sounds were wrong in the first place. They have been provided with some good 375 samples by a member of the community, hopefully they get implemented in a future update.

3. Clumsy Pacer

Clumsy Pacer Well-Known Member

The thing is - I've never seen this much controversy over the 377's sounds, until now. That's what I don't get.

• Like Like x 2
  4. RobSkip

RobSkip Well-Known Member

There was a good amount at ECW's release aswell, but when there is a good community sound mod for the 377 you'd expect DTG to up their game to match it, at least for the 375.

5. Bryer

Bryer Well-Known Member

But it's not that wrong though from what is publicly available. That's why I dont understand the issues.

6. Doomotron

Doomotron Well-Known Member

Apparently they sound slightly different in real life, but I doubt it. It may be due to age and evolutions of the Electrostar design, but as the 375/9 and 377/4 were built at roughly the same period of time, I doubt it would have any effect, if at all.
    I still don't understand why DTG just doesn't add ItsYa165's sound mod into the base game since (after a few updates) it's now far better than DTG's actual sounds.

7. ItsYa165

ItsYa165 Well-Known Member

Hi. I think the BR 146 sounds lovely in TSW2. There's nothing wrong with the sounds at all, from what is publicly available. I don't understand why people are asking to fix the horn. There's nothing wrong with it, that's exactly how it sounds irl. Don't see a reason to rework the cab sounds... I love silence! It's correct! DTG did a great job at recording all the sounds, and they recorded every single sound it makes. Not one sound is missing in TSW2 and that's why no further improvements need to take place ever again in the future.

Clearly more people have to spend more time around the BR 146 because I know everything about the BR 146 and I live in one.

(This is deliberately sarcastic and toxic to represent a proportion of the TSW2 critical population)

• Like Like x 3
  8. thatleedsguy#8590

thatleedsguy#8590 Active Member

Hope they do fix the sounds for both of these. But I am noticing a theme here- It seems like most of the locos in TSW have sound inaccuracies or issues. Are there any that are absolutely right or as close to perfect as we can get?

Also, has anyone made a list of locos that don't have the right sounds for them and if so, what sounds aren't right?

9. Doomotron

Doomotron Well-Known Member

The sounds have got a lot better since TSW first released in 2016. Only a few trains sound totally crap, but not many sound 100% accurate (but that isn't very important).

• Like Like x 1
  10. Bryer

Bryer Well-Known Member

Interesting answer to a genuine question.