Train Sim World 3 Class 375/class 377 Update (for Train Sim World 2 And Train Sim World 3)

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Folup1372#8582, Jan 20, 2023.

1. Folup1372#8582

Folup1372#8582 Well-Known Member

Hi Dovetail! I was Wondering It would be better if u made the current Electrostarts Classes 375/377 to be Dual-Voltage units, So could you update the Southeastern Class 375/9 into the Class 375/6 And put in a Pantograph in Please, And the same for The Class 377, Could you Rename it into the 377/7 And fit in a Pantograph, I was also wondering you could just put in the southeastern Livery on The class 377 and rename it as the 377/5 and add it to the Southestern Route Please, You added a Pantograph on the Class 387 Electrostar Which is now a Dual-Voltage unit, So i don't see any reason not to put it on the others, I am also telling you this because it would be nice to have more dual-voltage units on Train Sim World!, Thank you!

Last edited: Jan 20, 2023
  2. rennekton#1349

rennekton#1349 Well-Known Member

That would make it a different emu. Different physics, new modeling, new livery. And putting it into dual voltage wouldn't make sense for the route. There's only 3rd rail for sehs since electrostars don't run on high speed rail. wouldn't really add much you know? We've already had several electrostars and even if a dual voltage was made, it would only really sub in and you won't be able to change from 3rd rail to overhead if the route doesn't support it

Last edited: Jan 20, 2023
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Folup1372#8582

Yeh but I mean try it on scenario planner On Overhead Routes Or on the High-Speed Line (London St Pancras-Ebbsfleet International) , That can be done in Scenario Planner, That's what I'm trying to say, So we can Experience it On Overhead Routes besides, imagine having a 3rd rail train on a overhead route, i mean yeh, it still works but it just doesn't make sense..

4. rennekton#1349

I get that. But it would be better value for money if it came with a separate route. Just releasing it as a loco dlc when it's basically another electrostar similar to what we have in game, etc is the better option. You know what I mean.

5. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

This is what off the rails is for

Changing the subclass would then mean that the wrong trains are on the wrong routes. I don't remember seeing a 375 with a panto going on the CML for example

6. elarthur

elarthur Well-Known Member

Some of the subclasses are specific to certain routes and therefore don't fit in with what we already have. However, I am surprised that DTG doesn't build a few subclass variations of a type to begin with as surely it is more time consuming to have to start from scratch each time you launch another sub type which are largely the same as other variants. One idea would be to have a dedicated team to do just locomotive dlc as these do not really come as frequently as they could. This is quite true now that we only seem to get one new class with new routes as opposed to earlier releases that often had 2 types at launch.

7. ARuscoe

Looking at DTG's history in DLC (especially in TSC) it's not surprising that DTG only make one version of an asset (hence AP having a career in making EPs and multi version packs of those base locos)
    Also, and in this specific case, there is a difference in physics between the various classes due to different motive power, especially in the case of OHLE vs 3rd rail

8. elarthur

elarthur Well-Known Member

Likewise in this case, the Class 387 GX units feature both collection methods and appropriate physics for each, which should make modelling the other variants much easier as that work is already done. However, I personally would somewhat prefer a Desiro (Class 350, 444 or 450) to yet another Electrostar but we would likely need the other Electrostars in the future.

9. ARuscoe

Aren't the interiors quite diffferent to the other electrostar variants, as well as the windows and some of the underlying mechanicals?

10. Folup1372#8582

i get ur point but what do u mean etc? and what would have came with a separate route?

11. rennekton#1349

Was just saying for the emus you mentioned to come to the game, it's better to come on a separate route that has ohle which is better value cuz it would actually run services with a whole timetable. Just including it as a loco dlc or just to make it for free so it can be used realistically in scenario planner for instance wouldn't make it a good use of resources. It wouldn't really add much. It's just another electrostar that tsw has had a lot of. So like I said, better to come in its own route.

12. Folup1372#8582

Oh ok, That would make more sense.