Xbox Class 395 Acceleration

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by mcskimmingj, Mar 13, 2021.

1. mcskimmingj

mcskimmingj Member

Is it just me or does the javelin on southeastern high speed seem to take ages to get up to speed i don't remember it being like this before i am Aware it accelerates slower on the 3rd rail section of the route but as mentions before i don't remember it being this slow to accelerate i don't know if this is a bug an intended feature in an update or if its just my imagination has anyone else noticed this

• Like Like x 1
  2. ghawk2005

ghawk2005 Well-Known Member

I have crazy OCD when it comes to physics and very often do hours of testing and comparison to real life gps recordings over many different data examples. I found it to be pretty spot on to be honest. The Class 166 on the other hand is far too quick to accelerate so that definitely needs adjusting. Something like 30 seconds faster than the average real life examples.

• Like Like x 1
  3. mcskimmingj

mcskimmingj Member

Thanks for the reply i was asking because I wasn't sure if they changed the 395 Acceleration in a patch or if i was imagining things I definitely remember the 395 being quicker to get up to speed now im regularly late arriving at thr end of a run its not a huge issue was just curious lol

4. ghawk2005

ghawk2005 Well-Known Member

I did the testing about a week ago. It was pretty close to real life averages. Don’t know what it was like before though. The 375 are very close to real life too.

5. skyMutt

skyMutt Well-Known Member

The Javelins have not had any sort of changes in its acceleration rates as far as I'm aware. I don't recall ever seeing any patch news relating to this either.

This is normal (though it shouldn't be). The reason why it's like that is because in order for the timetable to work with all the timing and positions, the devs use a piece of software that takes in the vehicle data and generates all that information that you see in game. The problem is, this software isn't able to account for two different modes of power in a single journey– like the Javelin switching from 25kV overhead lines to 750 V third rail. So what they did was that they input a hybrid of both power sources in order for the timetable simulation software to work. This means that you can potentially be running ahead of the timetable while running high speed, then be behind the timetable while running on the classic lines. Obviously it's not a perfect solution, but that's what they went with.

Last edited: Mar 15, 2021