PlayStation Class 465 Feedback

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Mattty May, Feb 25, 2021.

1. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

I have to say I’m thoroughly impressed with the 465. She looks and sounds fantastic.

The only thing that jumped out to me as an issue was the dimness of the tail lights, which I think also threw Matt, as he went to turn them on and they already were on.

This will definitely be a day one purchase for me. I’m very excited now. (Yep, I need to get a life :D)

• Like Like x 6
  2. johnathan015

johnathan015 Member

I was sitting on the fence with my fingers crossed that it was going to impress me. And on first glance after watching the stream tonight I have to say the sounds are impressive. I agree that the issue with the tail lights is something could hopefully be fixed straight away, much like the services the 465 will be running which people pointed out in the chat on the stream.

Day one purchase for me too, and will definitely get me back into enjoying SEHS again after all the fixes it has received to improve the route somewhat.

• Like Like x 5
  3. xblackwolf90

xblackwolf90 Well-Known Member

Visuals were good overall, and audio was excellent.

Timetable wise, I was expecting there to be more services with the option to run all 375 services with the 465. As an example, there are no 465 services running from Rochester to Faversham. Hopefully more will be added down the line.

It's definitely a day one purchase for me :)

Last edited: Feb 25, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
  4. TinTin_57

TinTin_57 Well-Known Member

I am completely opposite to you guys. I think I went into it not too bothered with a view to wanting to be impressed but I actually got a bit bored. I can't recall ever turning off a release/preview stream early before but today I did. It might grow on me more down the line

• Like Like x 3
  5. CK95

CK95 Well-Known Member

Im usually turning DTG streams off early, however I think they did great with this unit.

I suppose in the end if you’re not bothered about particular trains than loco DLC’s aren’t worth too much, and I suspect there are definitely people who are getting bored of EMU’s now, however the 465 just looks and sounds incredible (bar the Xbox sound quality).

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  6. ildario77

ildario77 Well-Known Member

Just completed an early morning service between Faversham and St Pancras. The more I play this route, the more I like it. Day one purchase for me too. The Class 465 will add even more variety to an already very good route.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Cottonmouth

Cottonmouth Active Member

Same here day one purchase, but not to sure on those wooden kickboards around the base of the cab. Even both Matt and Natalie were not sure.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 26, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  8. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

Good bit of wood, that.

I liked it a lot. Not sure about the limited portion of the route the services run on but that to me is the only negative thing I got from the stream (other than further sympathy for xbox users). A lot of the services are just on the shortest, slowest section of the route and can be considered as not worth playing. I’d let the AI do all of them. The train has however now been added to a wish-list because the model and the sounds are so good.

• Like Like x 4
  9. johnmcglade30

johnmcglade30 Active Member

the class 465 I want the Sheerness branch

• Like Like x 1
  10. Fitz

Fitz Well-Known Member

Love the 465 but it's missing the centre gangway and coupling connection. It's bizzar, only the electrical and air pipes connecting the centre of the unit together. How did they miss that.

• Like Like x 1