PlayStation Class 47 Tutorial West Somerset Railway

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by Mattty May, Aug 20, 2021.

1. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

The tutorial seems to get stuck at charging the brakes. You are asked to put the brakes into ‘running’ but then nothing else happens once the wait for the brakes to charge instruction appears.

PS5 version. Is anyone else getting this or are you able to complete the tutorial?

2. TrainSim-Adam

TrainSim-Adam Staff Member

Hiya,

I'd love to know more details about this issue. We went round and round on all platforms for this and straight up could not reproduce the issue. If anyone can post a video from the start of the tutorial through to the issue occurring, we'd love to get to the bottom of it.

Despite months of tests and head scratching we finally have a lead on Power America Part 1 on Sand Patch Grade possibly being an FPS issue. We cannot get the scenario to fail, but many report it getting stuck. :/

3. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

Thanks Adam. I’ll see what I can do in regards to the video.

What I did notice was that you are instructed to put the brake into running, but the objective thinks it has been completed when you put the brake into the setting just beforehand (initial application I think). You get the objective complete tone as the lever passes through that position.

The next objective then asks you to wait for the brakes to charge, but none of the dials show any activity and you sit there twiddling your thumbs.

Incidentally, you can’t stand up using the Triangle button so you’re stuck in your seat then too.

4. Doyden

Doyden Active Member

It won't help the OP but I've literally just completed this on my PS5. I didn't have an issue with the brakes.

5. TinTin_57

TinTin_57 Well-Known Member

As did I. I was going to record it for you but got through

6. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

Weird. How long did it take them to charge and did you put the brakes into running?

7. mattchester#9176

mattchester#9176 Well-Known Member

This happened to me last night too, tried all sorts of break combinations to get past it. A restart of the scenario fixed it though, in fact seemed to skip this step entirely or was so fast the second time round I missed it. Also on a PS5 with the next gen version.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

I tried it twice and both times it failed. I’ll try again tomorrow. It’s weird how it works for some and not for others.

Did you use the shoulder buttons or the actual lever?

9. TinTin_57

TinTin_57 Well-Known Member

I used the lever and dragged it all the way to released then I got to carry on no problem

• Like Like x 1
  10. mattchester#9176

mattchester#9176 Well-Known Member

I used a combination of both the first time, but only the shoulder buttons the second time as I was rushing.

My guess is it's something to do with how quick you complete the steps rather than the method / order. Might be wrong though, it could be that I left it on an intermediate break setting while I was moving the leaver and this confused it.

Only advice really would be to keep trying.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

Finally managed to do the tutorial. Had to mess with the brake lever quite a bit, including putting it into overcharge and then off positions. Taking the handbrake off and trying to move the train. All of a sudden the tutorial advanced. Got the trophy for doing it too.

One more observation doing just the tutorial. The engineer sound of the 47 seems far too low and Matt was barely audible.

12. smugstarlord#4202

smugstarlord#4202 Well-Known Member

Are you aware on ps5 sandpatch after you complete a scenario or timetable for the CSX C40-8W journey chapter , instead of loading the next one, it changes to the first journey chapter (chapter 1 - GP38-2 engineer)

13. Willowrpe

Willowrpe Well-Known Member

Just had this issue on WSR 47 tutorial on Xbox One Series X on the latest update and it happened many times in a row and even restarted the xbox, it thinks you have hit "running" when you are on initial

14. Willowrpe

Willowrpe Well-Known Member

just got past that section put the break into emergency