Class 47

Discussion in 'Loco Suggestions & Proposals' started by prrsteamfan, Oct 4, 2020.

1. prrsteamfan

prrsteamfan Member

As we’re all aware, the current Class 47 model we have in game to work with is quite an elderly model, even with Armstrong Powerhouse’s excellent sound pack installed. Therefore, I feel that a new model is an idea with merit, especially for one of the most numerous locomotives to work in the UK. Ideally, the 47/0, 47/3 and 47/4 variants would be represented, in their original BR liveries, and then in any relevant private owner schemes (branded or not). I know this would be a welcomed addition to the Pro Range for myself, and many others that share an interest in these Sulzer powered classics. As another thought, please include the ability to change works plates on the locomotive based on their running number, signifying which units were built at Crewe, and the others at Brush Traction’s Falcon Works.

30412072-A815-407F-A5EA-1366E09EBD7E.jpeg

Last edited: Oct 5, 2020
    • Like Like x 3
  2. theorganist

theorganist Well-Known Member

Yes I would second that, we could do with a new class 47 with a comprehensive range of liveries.

• Like Like x 2
  3. ex-railwayman

ex-railwayman Active Member

We already have a pack of Kuju reskinned Class 47 variants in BR Blue with 47/0, 47/3 and 47/4 available from Vulcan Productions. They include working headcode boxes, headcode panels, silver roof Stratford depot repaints, the only thing is that they don't have a brand new cab interior, but, they are a hell of a lot better than what we've had over the years. I understood that Master Key Simulations had a brand new Class 47 in the works after they released their Gatwick Express DLC on Steam, but, they don't appear to have done any work on that model since, I'm sure that things will change in the future. This is the website for the 47 pack, scroll halfway down the page.

https://www.vulcanproductions.co.uk/diesel.html

Last edited: Oct 6, 2020
  4. theorganist

It would be good to see some up to date reskins of the class 47 in original livery. I would particularly like to see the named WR ones.

There are some good reskins out there of the now discontinued VT pack model which does have a better cab.

From what I have been told the MKS simulation is the class 47 on TSW and was unlikely to be released for TS1.

We have had a new class 37 from AP when there were plenty of reskins of the Kuju/RSC so maybe someone like AP will bring one out.

5. ex-railwayman

ex-railwayman Active Member

Oh, is that right Peter, oh well, if we can't get it in TS2020 so be it, we'll have to wait for someone else to give us an updated model in that case, here's hoping.

Cheerz. Steve.

6. theorganist

Hi, I asked the question myself some time ago of the MKS version as I couldn't see their website any longer or their Facebook page. I suppose it isn't set in stone so you never know, especially if they see there is interest in it. Maybe AP will release one along the lines of their class 37.

7. Class43Harrison

Class43Harrison Member

Agreed :D