Class 777 For Ts20xx

Discussion in 'Loco Suggestions & Proposals' started by Class43Harrison, Mar 2, 2021.

Tags:
  1. Class43Harrison

Class43Harrison Member

A Class 777 would be a great addition to Train Simulator 2021! Maybe even with The Wirral Line/Mersey Rail Line! Also maybe a MerseyRail Class 507 / 508!.

• Like Like x 1
  2. AirbourneAlex

AirbourneAlex Well-Known Member

Waggonz was working on the Wirral line a few years ago. Likely won't be released anytime soon.
    Although this route network might be better suited to TSW, since the Class 507/508 is of the PEP family and DTG have announced they're developing the similar Class 313 for East Coastway and the 314 for Carthart Circle. 507/508 with the modest length of the Northern/Wirral lines seems logical.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Class43Harrison

Class43Harrison Member

Good idea. Like they have transferred the HST over from TSW to TS2021, they could maybe, possibly do that with the 313/314, or definitely with the 507s & 508s!

• Like Like x 1
  4. Cyclone

Cyclone Well-Known Member

I feel like I'm being picky, but I want that East Coastway in TS as well. And the West Coastway. I mean, we already have Brighton and the first station in each direction (two for the East).

5. Class43Harrison

Class43Harrison Member

I agree. I am a freeware developer for Train Simulator, so I may look into producing the East Coastway of you like.

Check out my website for reskins if you like. www.class43harrison.weebly.com

6. Cyclone

Very cool. What projects do you have on the go right now? I have a rather large laundry list of suggestions in the routes forum plus a couple of trains. :D

I know Warwick Rail is doing a Workshop route that I need to get subscribed to and download to drive on. It's a scratch-built Portsmouth route that includes several retired lines. He put a lot of work into it. Would be a good place to pull out my 402, from my understanding.

EDIT: I see a Class 150 reskin. Does this require the now retired Class 150 that was pulled in 2017, or the current 150/1 or the AP 150/2 (possibly just the Arriva one that used to be on Steam)? Or a completely different one like the Strathclyde?

Last edited: Mar 4, 2021
  7. Class43Harrison

Class43Harrison Member

Hello! Thank you. It is the arriva 150 from steam, which was withdrawn, but I am refurbishing it to come with the new AP Website 150/2. Feel free to contact me in the contact form or on here for ideas or suggestions. :) Take Care. Thank You. :-D

8. Cyclone

It's a shame it's the 150 that was withdrawn. I know that AP bought the rights to it, but the hard truth is that the old girl still gets used. All the time. Really a shame that it got pulled from the market for capitalist reasons that involve buying a much more expensive pack that most people (typically those not going third-party) don't require. I for one would appreciate if AP would allow for the old 150 to become available once again, and it's fair to promote their pack at the same time. Maybe include the model with one of their newer ones within Steam? After all, their Arriva 150/2 is ALSO pulled due to the lost license (I got it in time), so they can take a third bite at this apple.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Class43Harrison

Class43Harrison Member

Yes. I agree. I would love the old 150 back. Even if it was just used for AI, it would not be as hard on your FPS then.

10. Cyclone

I think a better idea is making a version of their 150 pack available on Steam but allow the old Oovee pack to be a part of the package. That way it's still separate and they are not holding it hostage in favour of their own pack. Look at York Modern; there are two Class 91 packs in it, for instance. Frankly, more AP packs need to be on Steam. but they are using "we will make less money" as a reason to not do it. Look at Travel By Train. $10 USD on their site, but where it's on Steam (CN SD60 and SD70, maybe someday the CP one that just came out), it's a full $20 or so USD. Granted, I would not pay $30 CAD for the AP pack on Steam, either. And making even a small portion of each pack available on Steam makes it available for Workshop use, and perhaps skins can then be advertised in scenarios because they've been known to work as far back as 2015 or so.

Last edited: Mar 6, 2021