1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Class 800/801/802 Pack

Discussion in 'Loco Suggestions & Proposals' started by PomPomCookie, Apr 23, 2019.

1. PomPomCookie

PomPomCookie Member

Class 800/801/802 Pack:
    GWR Class 800.jpg

HT802TS.jpg

LNER800.jpg

TPE802.jpg
    This is a classic train to be requested, but in all seriousness for TS this would be an easy(ish) addon to create. Taking coaches of the existing Class 801 and addding diesel sounds, modified physics files and the in-cab system to change between OHE and diesel power. If DTG can make a Class 801, they should be able to easily make a Class 800 or 802. They're nearly identical apart from the diesel motors. This train, combined with different sounds (even for the electric version) could easily be released with a livery for GWR (Both Variants), LNER (Class 800), Hull Trains (Class 802), TransPennine Express (Class 802) and Hitachi White (Both Variants). Also, as an alternative, it could be released as an upgrade to the Class 801 included in the ECML London to Peterborough. Modified sounds and physics could easily be released like a TS Marketplace livery, except for a higher price and more edits.

Last edited: Apr 23, 2019
    • Like Like x 2
  2. PomPomCookie

PomPomCookie Member

What I didn't add as well is that Hitachi is introducing ETCS to new trains, and especially on the GWML it is replacing ATP.

• Like Like x 1
  3. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

What you have to remember is DTG cannot just paint a train in any livery.
    They need a License from the Companies that hold the Logos Copyright.
    One of the reasons you cannot buy Union Pacific Locos outside the US of A.

The users of the game can make Repaints because they are not charging any money for their work
    And if you were to download these repaints you would have the trains you want.
    https://superalbs.weebly.com/class800greatwesternrailway.html

Peter

• Like Like x 1
  4. PomPomCookie

PomPomCookie Member

Hi thanks for your reply. 3 thigns:
    1) I know DTG can't just paint a train, First have already let them make GWR HSTs so I doubt First would have any objection to GWR Class 800/802s, TPE Class 802s or Hull Trains Class 802s. DfT Likely wouldn't object to an LNER livery, and as DTG have with the existing Class 801 any liveries they can't get license for they can make unbranded.
    2) I can buy a UP locomotive and I'm in the UK.
    3) I have downloaded these repaints, but there are several issues which you can see only after downloading them - there's no way to switch between diesel and electric power without quitting the game and loading in in a different consist.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Challenger3985

Challenger3985 Active Member

Technically, it's BNSF that has that "US-only" problem

• Like Like x 2
  6. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

Apart from the 800 which DTG made on release there are not many unbranded items available.
    And you were right about UP - as pointed out in the thread above I should have said BNSF.

• Like Like x 1
  7. PomPomCookie

PomPomCookie Member

The Classes 158, 170, 390, WCMLTV, and multiple more have been released unbranded. I can see DTG releasing things unbranded. If they did, it wouldn't be hard for a reskinner (even myself) to make a branding patch.

• Like Like x 1
  8. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

Unless they licensed specific models rather that "Here, have our livery". I've also heard that the arrangement may be coming to an end and they need to renegotiate.
    Contract terms are weird things...

• Like Like x 2
  9. PomPomCookie

PomPomCookie Member

ARuscoe so true contracts are weird...

• Like Like x 1