Class 80x Pack

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by trainsimgaming1001, Aug 27, 2021.

1. trainsimgaming1001

trainsimgaming1001 Well-Known Member

Now. Before you rant that the Class 801 is already is in TS, I am well aware of this

The Class 801 Included in ECMLS is outdated. It has a Livery that has not been used for the past 4 Years, has no Bi-Mode Power, and (officially) the only route that you can use it on to its full potential where it runs is the ECML routes.
    I hereby suggest a New Pack to be Released

Pack Includes:
    Class 800 BI-Mode in GWR and LNER Livery. This train can operate from Overhead Wires, but can also operate from the Diesel Engines.
    Class 801 EMU in LNER Livery. These trains are identical to the Class 800, but can only run from Overhead Wires. Hence, the only operator that runs them is LNER
    Class 802 Bi-Mode in GWR, Transpennine Express, and Hull Trains Livery. These trains are identical to the Class 800, but have more powerful Diesel Engines and Larger Fuel Tanks. As such, particaully in the GWR area, these trains are used on longer journeys
    Class 803 EMU in East Cosat Trains Livery. These trains are identical to the 801, but are used by East Coast Trains and as such are only in ECT livery
    Class 805 BI MODE in Avanti West Coast Livery. These trains are indentical to the 800 and 802. They will be replacing the Avanti West Coast Class 221 Voyager and will be used on services between London Euston and stations on the North Wales Coastal and Shrewsbury Lines
    Class 807 EMU in Avanti West Coast. These are identica to the 805, but are electric only and as such will be replacing Voyagers Between London and Scotland

TS really needs a new 80x Pack.. The one we have is too outdated. I am surprised that this, along with the Class 166, has not had an Enhancement Pack from AP

• Like Like x 2
  2. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

If AP was to do an 80x EP Pack then you would have the same train as now with more belles and whistles
    If that is what you want then you should ask AP as they are not likely to see this request.

The next problem is Liveries and DTG don't release tock where they don't have a License for the livery.
    GWR - OK, Hull Trains and FEC - maybe, TPE - ?, LNER - ?

We Want East Coast Main Line - ?
    We have the ECML in TS2021 - there is even a joined up version if you have all the parts
    https://alanthomsonsim.com/downloads/the-east-coast-mainline-merge/

With Peterborough to York by Creative Rail, and Newcastle to Edinburgh by Just Trains, it is unlikely that DTG would make a combined route as it would take time and effort to replicate what has already been released

Peter

3. trainsimgaming1001

Oh. We want ECML is a TSW suggestion.

DTG do already have LNER license.

• Like Like x 1
  4. UP13

UP13 Well-Known Member

SuperAlbs do an excellent GWR repaint of the 801.
    https://superalbs.weebly.com/train-sim-reskins.html
    The 800 and 802 can be run in electric mode or diesel mode but not both (i.e. there is an electric version and a diesel version but not a version where you can switch between the two in game).

• Like Like x 1
  5. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

Try the TSW Forum - but going off the length of TSW2 routes you won't see much past Stevenage

6. trainsimgaming1001

I know this. I want an Official DTG one where you can switch between power modes

7. UP13

UP13 Well-Known Member

You may need to wait a while.

All the GWR routes available on Steam are non-electrified apart the Paddington to Hayes and Harlington stretch of the original Paddington to Oxford route (which being honest is such a short stretch that you might as well be in diesel the whole time). Come to think of it, a tiny slither of the Reading to Exeter route newly released might have a short stretch.

My recommendation is to give it a go. I'm very impressed that they've made a diesel version of the 801 and have given it away for free