Classic Controller Setup Does Not Match Ts2021

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by jeff.engle, Jul 20, 2021.

1. jeff.engle

jeff.engle Active Member

I split my time between TS2021 and TSW2, having played TS2021 3 weeks longer than TSW2. I am using a PC with Xbox controller. On TS2021 the RT/RB control the BRAKE and LT/LB control the THROTTLE. On TSW2 this is reversed. After almost 400 hrs. on TS2021 and 160 hrs. on TSW2 I've got the muscle memory pretty much down, but I still occasionally accelerate when I should be braking in TSW2. Obviously NOT GOOD at times!

The documentation on TSW2 claims: For those who prefer the current Train Sim World 2020 controller layout fear not - We have also included the Classic controller scheme. Am I missing something about getting the controller in TSW2 to match TS2021? Is there a way to get TSW2 to match TS2021?

Of course, thanks in advance,
    Jeff

2. Rudolf

Rudolf Well-Known Member

TS221 and TSW are different games and, maybe unfortunately unrelated. The TSW developers did not look very much towards TS2021. I think this is unfortunate, they could have learned a lot. But you better forget about any similarities. For TSW you may try to rebind the controls. In TS2021 you cannot do that.

3. paul.pavlinovich

paul.pavlinovich Well-Known Member

Edit: thanks to jeff.engle for correcting me. I've removed my classic controls comment as it is not correct and better gone than wrong in case someone is mislead by it.

You might think its weird that they're different, but Raildriver controls are different for nearly every single loco :).

Paul

Last edited: Jul 21, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
  4. jeff.engle

jeff.engle Active Member

Thanks Rudolf - I don't see any way to remap bindings for controller, just keyboard. And paul.pavlinovich thank you too. Bizarre. Hopefully Dovetail has more control on consistency with TSW. I know there are minor differences between Locos - but not to the point of switching Left and Right Throttle and Brakes!

5. Rudolf

Rudolf Well-Known Member

I am afraid you are correct. You can only remap the keyboard keys.

6. jeff.engle

jeff.engle Active Member

Actually paul.pavlinovich I just checked the manuals for the past 7 years of TS (TS2015 - TS2021), and all have the RT (Right) side braking an LT (Left) side regulator.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  7. Knightfire1964

Knightfire1964 Well-Known Member

yeah well with most console players they are probably used to using the RT to accelerate things and the LT for anything relating to braking it's been like this since founders edition back in 2018.

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  8. paul.pavlinovich

paul.pavlinovich Well-Known Member

Thanks for the correction mate, I appreciate it. I will update my post so its not wrong for eternity :).

9. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

That’s right. In TS the controls were on the opposite side to what’s conventional and that was corrected for TSW.

• Like Like x 1