Clean Over 9000 Junk Files After Player Tsw!why?

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by trainsimplayer2020, Sep 26, 2020.

1. trainsimplayer2020

trainsimplayer2020 Well-Known Member

Why do I have to clean over 9000(800-900 MB)junk files everytime I have played TSW?

I am using Ace Utilities to clean up my computer and everytime it is a lot of junk files from TSW.

2. Dovregubben

Dovregubben New Member

Hi trainsimplayer2020, the redistributable packages is a requirement for most gaming platforms. There are also the temporary Steam files, game download cache etc. So this is not just a peculiar property of TSW.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Zagrthos

Zagrthos New Member

Better question:
    Why the Heck you use a tuning tool that can destroy your Windows Installation?

• Like Like x 7
  4. trainsimplayer2020

trainsimplayer2020 Well-Known Member

Have used that program for more than 10 years and never had any problems with it.
    Using some other usefull programs too.
    And I do not want a lot of junk/useless files which only take up a lot of space on the computer.
    Since installations I have deleted more than 17 GB junkfiles which is not needed on the computer.

5. londonmidland

londonmidland Well-Known Member

A lot of files are temp/cached files which enable the OS/program to access things quicker. Every time you delete these, these files have to be rebuilt, slowing the process down.

• Like Like x 8
  6. skyMutt

skyMutt Well-Known Member

These aren't exactly "junk" files anyways, since they do eventually serve a purpose. Much like londonmidland mentioned, deleting those files slows things down, counter to what many might think.
    Its a good idea to delete temp files once in a while...like once a month or something like that. But doing it frequently after each gaming session is a bit overkill

7. Trenomarcus

Trenomarcus Well-Known Member

8. TheShotte

TheShotte Well-Known Member

"Junk files"? I understand using such utilities 15-20 years ago, when we had 10-20 Gb Hard Drives, but now? When you can go buy a decent 240 Gb SSD for $40, or a 2 Tb HD for $50-60? I would rather let it keep that extra 1 Gb on my disk (having plenty storage space) rather than having some sort of utility running loaded in memory using much more needed resources. Also, Windows comes with it's own tools for disk cleanup. Using 3rd party utilities such as the one you mentioned, it probably considers your GPU's shader cache (which is that extra gigabyte of storage) "Junk Files", deletes them, and every time you launch the game you have to wait longer because the game has to cache shaders again (and possibly other things). I like to keep my drives clean, but I would never in a million years use any utility to do so, as some things are necessary.

Last edited: Sep 29, 2020
    • Like Like x 2
  9. davidh0501

davidh0501 Well-Known Member

Agree. So many of those utilities are just “shiny” rip-offs.
    Not like the days of Dos when you needed them, like Quemm of fond memory....