Clear Cut Appears To Be Unfinishable For Me.

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by KoolBreeze, Aug 14, 2021.

1. KoolBreeze

KoolBreeze New Member

So in this scenario, you have to run 3 trains to certain areas refuel one and connect the other two and I can do them all with no issue the problem comes into (with loco 8255,8804 and 8230) when I hook these 3 locomotives to the cars. It happens when doing the finishing tasks like when you are instructed to turn the lights off, put the reverser in neutral and auto brake to full-service. The game is not advancing when I try to do the last two tasks. It just keeps saying put reverses to neutral and auto brake to full service. I suspect it's a bug but I'm not sure what I can do to get past this scenario. I was hoping someone could help me with a way to bypass this scenario or perhaps there is an order that is missing from the instructions in order to complete it.
    I should also mention that I got the game for free from Epic Games and is called Train Sim World 2 PC.

2. Rudolf

Rudolf Well-Known Member

Not sure how to complete it, but make sure to turn off Autoload Journeys. This prevents you from choosing what you like to do when you start TSW2.

• Like Like x 1
  3. chieflongshin

chieflongshin Well-Known Member

I think you can finish this one. The american locos can be devils at times, Its hard to say without seeing it but make sure your throttle is off when you go to put it into neutral and take the reverser handle out.

4. LastTrainToClarksville

LastTrainToClarksville Well-Known Member

I'm pretty sure I completed this scenario a l-o--n---g time ago, but will make a note to run it again and get back to you.

5. Doyden

Doyden Active Member

I did this one earlier admittedly on a PS5. I completed it successfully.

I think there is an instruction missing. You also have to remove the key, not just put the reverser into neutral. I'm pretty sure that occurred when driving the three, as you have discovered.

6. KoolBreeze

KoolBreeze New Member

Well, I think I finally figured it out there seems to be an order to doing the tasks. I tried doing the trains in a different order so I had to reload from the beginning and then I was finally able to finish the damn thing.
    Does anyone here know how scenario planning works? I just used this to make a scenario and it's missing some steps. https://live.dovetailgames.com/live/train-sim-world/articles/article/tsw2-scenario-planner-2
    It also has a step I don't see Like setup AI trains and how do you actually play your custom scenario? I can't find a play scenario function or do I need to start a new thread?

7. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

Unfortunately, scenarios require that you follow the preordained steps in clockwork order. There's one (I can't remember which now) where turning on safety systems makes it impossible to progress.

8. conniethunder

conniethunder Well-Known Member

Yeah, follow scenario instructions to the 'T' and you should be able to complete them.
    The only thing I remember causing problems was stopping locations. Just check if it's your loco or the back of the consist that has to stop there.
    Also, you should be able to play the scenarios in any order that you like. Sometimes I'm not in the mood for 1hr of gameplay, but a 30min one is fine :) ....if I trusted the save feature, that wouldn't be a problem!

9. murphious#7583

murphious#7583 New Member

Just finished that part, and it was odd---had to pull out the autobrake lever or somesuch so it was not engaged---not a prompt to do so either and finished that part 2 of 3. But now stuck with derail of unmoving train when trying the last of three tasks---refuel the engines but first uncouple from autotrain. Game only gives me about 30 seconds to uncouple before "Derail" message. Annoying AF!