Clinchfield Maps

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by atpyatt, Oct 20, 2021.

1. atpyatt

atpyatt Well-Known Member

Hello, I don't know about you but I like to know where I'm going. I couldn't find any detailed maps for Clinchfield so I have made my own, I thought they may be of interest to somebody else.

Attached Files:

• Helpful Helpful x 20
    • Like Like x 9
  2. rocknicehunter

rocknicehunter New Member

That's excellent! Thank you. I've been working on something similar in Google Earth, but this is better than what I have.

3. Lamplight

Lamplight Well-Known Member

• Helpful Helpful x 5
    • Like Like x 2
  4. atpyatt

atpyatt Well-Known Member

You're welcome, I actually made the maps by taking screenshots of the in game map and stitching them together in an image editor rather than using a mapping tool. It will at least be totally accurate compared to the game!

Thanks for adding that, looks like an interesting source of information. One day maybe I'll get around to adding an approximate gradient profile to the maps, it's a bit of a glaring omission on a route like this.

• Like Like x 1
  5. BigMountain555

BigMountain555 Well-Known Member

Just picked up the route during the Festival of Rail sale... these maps look helpful. Thank you!

6. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

Wow, what awesome work! The printouts will be by my elbow, next time I drive the Alleghenies, that's for sure!

A side note: the listed speed limits are correct for the TSW route, but apparently not in RL, insofar as they reflect the game's incorrect pathing which sends all trains to the right, as if it was a double track line. But it wasn't; it was a single with passing loops, and trains were only diverted into passing loops if there was a meeting, and it was the passing loops that had 15 mph limits. There is no reason to slow every northbound to a crawl regardless of traffic. Hopefully that will be corrected whenever Clinchfield is upgraded (the fix should be as easy as plunking "Go Vias" on the mainline.)

• Like Like x 3
  7. SJAY_ONE

SJAY_ONE Active Member

Great job! Thank you for work!