Clinchfield Missing Timetable Services? Maybe Hint Of Loco Dlc, Or Nothing At All?

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Djb1990, Apr 8, 2021.

1. Djb1990

Djb1990 Active Member

So on the clinchfield timetable for the f7, it says 'first greenbriar turn' and 'first moss turn', which, to me, would suggest that there should be a second greenbriar turn and moss turn, maybe even a third etc., but there aren't. Are there timetable services missing? Or could this be a hint of extra services with a future loco dlc? Or am I just barking up the wrong tree with the wrong end of the stick?

Last edited: Apr 8, 2021
  2. DTG Matt

DTG Matt Executive Producer Staff Member

They aren't missing, it does leave space for any future DLC - of which there is none in the plan at the moment I hasten to add.

The feedback from the 465 was that people expect new services in a loco DLC, which means we can't put them all in the route and just rely on substitution.

There are also no coal loading services other than the one at Atomic / Berta - which is another potential gap to fill in a loco DLC.

Again, there is no loco DLC planned, but I would certainly like to see one speaking personally.

Matt.

• Like Like x 4
  3. Crosstie

Crosstie Well-Known Member

The notion of a loco dlc for Clinchfield has been discussed a lot on the forums during the run-up to release. Everything from CRR Geeps to CSX SD's etc. If Clinchfield proves to be as popular as it seems to be, I have to think that something akin to the Diesel Legends pack would be very welcome.

• Like Like x 1
  4. MetrolinkF125#916

MetrolinkF125#916 Well-Known Member

I definitely agree, it would make the route a lot more enjoyable for those who don’t enjoy old American freight and would like a more modern approach. Having a separate timetable for CSX operations, along with at least one new train (preferably an ES44AC or SD70ACE, and maybe an SD60 to replace the SD40-2) would be amazing imo.

5. roggek

roggek Active Member

I must say that I'm impressed so far of Clinchfield.
    Never has been driven a simpler loco than the EMD SD40, both regarding handling and starting/stopping the engine.
    The tutorial in the first Scenario (The Setupo) is a masterpiece in how to start a loco.
    So, no, I don't want a modern era Clinchfield!

Leave Clinchfiled in the vintage style from the 70's!

6. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

Well it would be nice to see the GP9s from the Railworks version make an appearance.

7. Blacknred81

Blacknred81 Well-Known Member

Clinchfield only owned 2 GP9s, which both got wrecked. They owned more of its earlier cousin the GP7.
    20210409_130113.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  8. OldVern

GP7s then!

• Like Like x 1
  9. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

Slightly fictionalized, since the big Start switch in the cab is a game invention. IRL, it would be started in the engine compartment like the GP38 in Sand Patch. But the procedure is still pretty much the same: Prime for 10 seconds, switch to Run until it fires. (There was however an emergency stop button in the cab)

10. erg73

erg73 Well-Known Member

I definitely appreciate that DTG listens to feedback. I would also like you to address the wishes of those asking for dlc add-ons to add layers with services to previous routes other than the one they are released for, as long as they run there IRL. For example, with BR 363 or in the future BR 101.
    This I believe would add value to this type of product and would be reflected in higher sales at full price.
    Thank you very much for your regular participation in the forums, it is very rewarding.

• Like Like x 2
  11. OldVern

If we had an enhanced scenario and timetable editor with consist creator, then we could make what we desire ourselves.

12. mariner86

mariner86 Active Member

I think they knocked it out of the park with the Clinchfield. I am really enjoying the route!! It has great scenery challenging terrain, and a good mix of train handling. Bravo Zulu to the folks from DTG! I wish as far as timetable there was a daylight service that operates on the Nora branch. I realize it is probably prototypical as scheduled, but have trouble seeing with the night services. I think that has been my favorite branch so far, the Limited power scenario was the most fun I’ve had playing the game. It was a great challenge and really enjoyable! Great job! I would be excited for any DLC to come to this route, definitely my favorite route yet for TSW!!

• Like Like x 2