"clinchfield Railroad U36c Loco Add-on" Speedometer Incorrect

Discussion in 'Technical Reports' started by Daniel Gibbs, Nov 26, 2022.

1. Daniel Gibbs

Daniel Gibbs Active Member

20221126011453_1.jpg View attachment 102200 Overall, the Clinchfield U36C is a good locomotive, but there is one issue with it that's kind of hard to notice unless you take a closer look.

The speedometer on the control stand does not match with the speedometer on the HUD. It seems that the control stand speedometer is reading the HUD speedometer as KM/H when it should be reading it as MPH.

Last edited: Nov 26, 2022
  2. torfmeister

torfmeister Guest

Should be easy to fix by changing one value (Speedometer MAX / 1.6) in the loco blueprint's ControlContainers. I'll take a look at it later.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 27, 2022
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  3. Daniel Gibbs

Ohh, yeah? How do you do that?

4. torfmeister

torfmeister Guest

Haven't forgotten, just not at home atm.

I'll post the fix when I've found the time :)

• Like Like x 1
  5. torfmeister

torfmeister Guest

Here's the fix. The animation file for the needle and the speedometer scale did not match. Note that the needle stops at 60 mph due to the radial angle defined in its .ban file which I am unable to edit. Now shows the actual MPH.

Enjoy!

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 4, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  6. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

I have similar problem with a Dutch Loco where the speedo in the loco is showing a lower speed to the HUD track speed

Can you tell me what I need to change?

7. torfmeister

torfmeister Guest

Peter, look for the ControlValue for the Speedometer in the loco's main blueprint .bin. As the name is arbitrary (and can be dutch) I can't tell you which one it is.

It has three parameters - Min, Default, Max. The max value defines the value the needle will be at its rightmost position (the position itself is in the animation .ban file). Note the speed on the hud and the Speedo, e.g. if the speedo shows 20 when travelling 30 then you have the factor by which to divide the MAX parameter - in this case 1.5.

• Like Like x 3
  8. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

Thank you - that is very helpful.

Peter

9. Daniel Gibbs

How can I ever thank you for your help?! Even though the speedometer only goes to 60 MPH (and the U36C's probably didn't run as fast in service anyway), at least it's accurate now!

10. torfmeister

torfmeister Guest

Well, leave a Like ;)

• Like Like x 4