Close To Release But Still No Streams?

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Trainiac, Aug 29, 2022.

1. Trainiac

Trainiac Well-Known Member

As if public perception couldn’t get any worse we’re just over a week from release and 4 days from early access and still no info on preview steams, profile transfer or any other key information we should know. This is not a good look for them.

• Like Like x 21
  2. redrev1917

redrev1917 Well-Known Member

Its a bank holiday weekend here in the UK, so DTG offices will be shut no doubt. I still except we will see a stream tomorrow and an announcement first thing in the morning.

• Like Like x 4
    • Helpful Helpful x 3
  3. Inkar

Inkar Well-Known Member

TBH, after several years as a DTG customer, I did not expect anything else.

• Like Like x 27
  4. tsw2

tsw2 Well-Known Member

Ha, funny because it's (sadly) true.

• Like Like x 9
  5. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

They seem to have taken a holiday from the forums too. Without getting on my current hobbyhorse in particular, there have been numerous issues and questions cropping up on the boards. You would have thought with now less than a week to the EA release, they would be going all out to assuage concerns and try and persuade us to buy this thing. Not like we're posting on UKTS or Trainsim dot com - this is their board!

• Like Like x 3
  6. chieflongshin

chieflongshin Well-Known Member

If it’s not on the roadmap……

• Like Like x 18
  7. thundergaming11

thundergaming11 Well-Known Member

I was hoping something to be mentioned the Friday just gone, as somebody else has said today is Bank Holiday in UK. We'll probably hear something tomorrow morning. I reckon preview streams to be Wednesday to Friday but depends if they've managed to sort out their setup in time I guess.

• Like Like x 1
  8. dbrunner#4864

dbrunner#4864 Well-Known Member

That's s bummer I really wanted to see the SEHS stream. Not even a more detailed article to build up some hype, nada.

• Like Like x 3
  9. antwerpcentral

antwerpcentral Well-Known Member

People love to see a train crash it seems. After last weeks stream it is very comprehensible that they want to review how they are going to deliver their streams. They want to sell us a product and if the product already fails when demonstrated you know it's time to panic or get your act together. One of those 2 things is now happening at DTG. Let's wait and see how they are going to deal with this.

• Like Like x 3
  10. TimTri

TimTri Well-Known Member

I have no doubt there will be lots of streams this week. They could’ve perhaps announced the dates last Friday because of the long bank holiday weekend without any opportunity to share news. But maybe they just weren’t 100% sure and didn’t want to risk having to change the dates for a second time.

• Like Like x 1
  11. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

There is a Tuesday, a Wednesday, and I’m fairly sure there will also be a Thursday this week. Those are all before early access begins on Friday and is ample time for all the streams we need.

Today is a Bank Holiday so presumably all of DTG have taken a beaten up old bus to the seaside for a jolly. Matt’s there, in a deckchair, knotted handkerchief on his head. JD’s organising a beach volleyball competition, Jamie has been buried in the sand with just his head popping out. It was probably Nat that buried him. Adam’s pegging about fuelled up on energy drinks and Mod Moggy has joined them just for the ice cream. Cat’s strolling down the pier with a flowery parasol, looking for inspiration for a livery, it’s an idyllic scene. Sam’s there to count the heads as they all get back on the bus to make sure they all get back safely so the streams can go ahead without a hitch for the rest of the week.

• Like Like x 34
  12. Doyden

Doyden Active Member

Why do I have an image in my head now of the Jolly Boy's Outing from Only Fools and Horses. Let's hope their coach doesn't meet the same fate!

• Like Like x 5
  13. junior hornet

junior hornet Well-Known Member

• Helpful Helpful x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  14. tsw2

tsw2 Well-Known Member

I really don't care about the streams, only about the quality of the final product. Hope they worked on fixes for the performance and the stuttering in the last days

• Like Like x 1
  15. matt#4801

matt#4801 Well-Known Member

Had the exact same thought!!

• Like Like x 3
  16. roysto25

roysto25 Well-Known Member

And singing 'Hymns and Arias' on the bus home!

• Like Like x 3
  17. roysto25

roysto25 Well-Known Member

And ref the above - they are not streaming because they all got doctor's papers

• Like Like x 2
  18. Cael

Cael Well-Known Member

I'm very concerned by the lack of streams this close to the release. Even the number of articles on Dovetail Live is less than I would expect.

I'm still tempted to get TSW3 and play it over my vacation that happens to coincide, but I have yet to see something to convince me.
    Missing save game with the combination of very long routes is a bummer.
    Kassel - Wurzburg is a proper high-speed line meaning a lot of the time is going to be spent in tunnels.
    SEHS is probably my most played route in TSW2 so I'm definitely interested in this one, but I want to see it in action before making any decisions.
    Cajon Pass is not my style of route (slow US freight, faster but in a desert), but I would like to see it.
    Spirit of Steam is something I don't have but would like to try one day. The deluxe edition makes it worthwhile if the rest of the package is good. But so far, I have not seen the parts that interest me the most.

• Like Like x 4
    • Helpful Helpful x 2
  19. OldVern

I was thinking more the Carry On films…
    The mind boggles at potential casting possibilities and probably best not to mention publicly! :love:

• Like Like x 5
  20. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

A pink knotted handkerchief

• Like Like x 2
  21. Crosstie

Crosstie Well-Known Member

My mind's working overtime right now. :o

• Like Like x 1
  22. bescot

bescot Well-Known Member

Nice interview with DTG Lukas with some updated game footage here:

In German obv, but has subtitles. It looks like the KWG tunnel lighting has been fixed since the live stream. Looking good.

• Like Like x 10
    • Helpful Helpful x 4
  23. dbrunner#4864

• Like Like x 1
  24. OldVern

Tunnel lighting still looks odd on entering and exiting with the camera dark (entering) and white (exiting) flash effect still present and even manifesting in the passenger cars. Doesn't look right to me.

• Like Like x 3
  25. Luke8899

Luke8899 Well-Known Member

Oof. That looks very nice indeed. Excitement level re-adjusted sufficiently.

• Like Like x 1
  26. solicitr

I disagree; the white flash on entering which showed in the earlier video is now gone; I see no problems on entrance. My only criticism on exit is that the eye adaptation seems slow, in RL I'm pretty sure the iris adjusts to daylight more quickly- but I also suspect that the speed of adjustment can be tweaked with an .ini command.

Also like the way the headlights illuminated the oncoming train.

• Like Like x 2
  27. Stephen Crofts

Stephen Crofts Well-Known Member

That gave a much better impression of what we need to know than the in house streams. Thanks for posting.
    Maybe that’s a format the team could use when things are critical to portray well, even to the point of getting someone outside to do it well. Live Streams seem to have so many things that can potentially go wrong.

28. OldVern

Sorry but I have to disagree at least so far as how it looks when the guy was exploring and sitting in the passenger coach. You would not get any effect on the internal lighting which would be constant, not flicker as quite apparent in the clip.

• Like Like x 1
  29. chieflongshin

Anyone else watch that stream ( which was nice gameplay) and think Lukas is Matt in a wig?

• Like Like x 1
  30. erg73

erg73 Well-Known Member

Well, I think that video shows the entrance to the tunnels much better than what we saw in the preview. It's certainly not perfect, but it's improved. And you don't see that horrible white light for more than two seconds when you enter. I agree with solicitr that the eye adaptation to the light at the exit seems too slow, on pc maybe each user can modify it to their liking but not console players.
    I can't wait for Friday!

• Like Like x 2
  31. junior hornet

junior hornet Well-Known Member

No, the wig’s not pink :)

• Like Like x 1
  32. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

Very nice footage in that. Some oddities with the passenger view but in general everything else looks great, especially in good weather conditions. I didn’t understand anything that was being said other than when they were talking about multiplayer and a public editor and the definite vibe was like nope, not happening.

• Like Like x 1
  33. chieflongshin

are you referring to how the ICE window seemed to have a huge blur when looking out?

34. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

That and the lighting change when going in and out of tunnels. I think the window thing is just the internal reflections which are blurry in TSW but they are obscuring the view of outside far more than any I’ve seen before, that’s going to make travelling as a passenger a bit pointless if all you can see are internal reflections and not scenery. The lighting level changing in the train is very odd.

35. dbrunner#4864

That looks quite good. The ICE1 lights are still very dull, i hope just they where on Signal lights and that is not the way they actually light the environment. Also curios to see how the new wind physics will work out, since 395 is already slow on a third rail i can imagine what kind of chariot acceleration you will have with strong frontal winds :D

36. solicitr

Not so; if the intent is to represent the behavior of human eyes, which respond to the overall environmental lighting, then when moving from darkness to bright sun the interior lighting would appear to dim.

37. 5cip

5cip Active Member

great video i really excited to play and yes i hope we get in future more long routes

38. goochdog#5870

goochdog#5870 Well-Known Member

Nah Matt is the spitting image of Mr Tumble

D6343CA0-FC6C-4388-81D8-B6F886DA8CE6.jpeg

39. OldVern

Well I can't say my eyes have done that when travelling on a train entering and leaving a tunnel. A bright fluorescent lit coach would provide constant lighting.

• Like Like x 2
  40. Mr JMB

Mr JMB Well-Known Member

I have never seen the game look that good before. I mean the draw distance, the pop-ins, the lighting, the shadows, the textures...wow. There were only a couple of small texture glitches that gave it a sense of familiarity.

Would be a considerable step forward from even the streams and shots last week. Will be interesting to see if people can replicate it on their systems next week.

• Like Like x 2
  41. redrev1917

redrev1917 Well-Known Member

Definate improvement on what weve seen so far, and they even managed to find 16 minutes of footage without stutters, so thats something I guess.

Im with Vern - the lighting in and out of tunnels still needs work, its like theyve overdone the transistion to make it stand out more. Needs toning down and like has been said before in passenger carriages it seems very weird.

I did like the reflection in the passenger windows personally, feels far more immesive to what we've had before.

• Helpful Helpful x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  42. Conductor B

Conductor B Well-Known Member

I'm quite disappointed that they didn't take a train! Why not a Southeastern train to Dover? :)

• Like Like x 4
  43. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

The real trains are less reliable than the simulated ones. And on a bank holiday they are usually replaced by buses anyway. Best to just hire yourself your own train replacement service.

44. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

The footage in this video is incredible. The streams have not done this game justice at all - no wonder DTG pulled the other streams following our negative feedback, it was damaging all the hard work. You can really get a better sense of the lighting quality here.

• Like Like x 7
  45. Delta_Who

Delta_Who Well-Known Member

It looks better. Not the best as there are still obvious shadow flaws.

What I think that video highlights the most is DTGs compulsive need to rush stuff consistently causes them to do worse in the long run. Marketing could have showcased TSW 3 had it "gone gold" 3-4 weeks before release.

• Like Like x 3
  46. chieflongshin

I think one thing the footage shows is the FPS is important as that footage looks slick.

• Like Like x 4
  47. phil.elliott

phil.elliott Well-Known Member

Good to see!

48. arek#2842

arek#2842 Well-Known Member

I'm not evaluating if it properly implemented from the technical point of view, but I cannot stand looking at this white light blast when exiting the tunnel. I hope DTG will make it toggable in the settings menu, I would not want to be forced to look away every time I'm leaving the tunnel.

49. Class156

Class156 Well-Known Member

Very very poor comms and this is during the week before launch. I’m aware they’ve had issues with livestreams before but making sure a structure of content is in place before the release is essential!

• Like Like x 3
  50. erg73

erg73 Well-Known Member

It's sad that we have to see for the first time that the game works well thanks to a youtuber's interview with a developer, rather than an official broadcast from the company.

• Like Like x 5