Cn Oakville Sub Issues

Discussion in 'TSW Troubleshooting & Issues Discussion' started by Driver8666, Feb 21, 2020.

1. Driver8666

Driver8666 Active Member

This will be a quick one off the top of my head. This applies to the GP9RM locomotive and the signalling along the route.

I've found an issue with the GP9RM locomotive in which it struggles to maintain speed. The ammeter will drop out of nowhere when pulling and slowly start to rise. It's impossible to maintain a constant speed or get up to speed with this happening. I have not tried this with the GP38-2 yet.

Also the real GMD GP9RM's came with Dofasco trucks, not LFM trucks (some had roadswitcher trucks commonly found on the SW1200RS which is another popular model confined to Canada, but the examples in the game are accurate, except for that glaring omission. Since these locomotives are distinctly Canadian, some people may take offense to that, especially the purists. Unfortunately for this purpose, I am one of them. If the locomotive was built by GMD prior to 1994, for a Canadian railroad, then I expect to see Dofasco on the trucks). They also have English and French warnings on the outside as well (the inside as far as I know is correct). The class lights do work.

The signalling does not conform with CROR rules, especially those signals that are not considered "home signals" Under CROR rules, any signal that is displaying "red" with an R plate, can proceed at restricted speed without permission of the dispatcher, being prepared to stop within 1/2 of the range of vision of another train. This part needs to be fixed for the whole add-on. If you pass it, you get the "Signal Passed At Danger" warning and you flunk the activity. If this is to be based on actual practice, this is not supposed to happen. You can do that for the home signals, but not any other ones.

Edit: On the GP38-2, it's the reverse of the GP9RM. English and French on the outside, but English on the inside. That too needs to be corrected. I only drove that a couple of feet.

Last edited: Feb 22, 2020