PlayStation Collectables

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Wilfboy, Nov 18, 2020.

Tags:
  1. Wilfboy

Wilfboy Active Member

I do like this feature of collecting various items as, if anything, it gets you out of the cab and walking around the amazing scenery to places you may not otherwise see as well as a bit of fun trying to find them all.

The main reason for this post is that in the menu under ‘Jobs’, the icons are quite small and difficult to know what it is you are supposed to be looking for, and this changes for each route so is not easy to remember and, as far as I know, it doesn’t tell you anywhere else what these items are.

All I would like is for each icon to have a short text description like “Poster” or “Broken fence” and maybe a slightly bigger icon too. There is plenty of room for this in the menu and is a simple addition that could be added as and when each route is updated.

• Like Like x 5
  2. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

Yeah the pictures are hard to make out what you’re looking for.

• Like Like x 1
  3. F.Barnes

F.Barnes Active Member

You can go to the training section of each route and do the route-introduction again.
    Then you will know the collectables of the route.

• Like Like x 3
  4. Lenwigg

Lenwigg Well-Known Member

I am pleased to see it is not just me that has that problem, trying to remember or work out what they are.

• Like Like x 3
  5. Slemcer

Slemcer Well-Known Member

Well, at least there are very good guides to be found at the Steam forum, including pics showing these items before and after you found them.
    I personally like to have a first try to find them by myself before using those guides, but it helps to know what you're looking for.

Last edited: Nov 19, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  6. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

I remember searching high and low for fences to fix on a route where that wasn’t even one of the jobs. That was when I first got TSW and was still getting used to its odd ways of letting you know what needs to be done. I’ve been more careful since then but rely more on what the collectible guides on Steam tell me rather than the cryptic icons or remembering what the items are for each route. Text would be good.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Wilfboy

Wilfboy Active Member

I do appreciate the help in finding out where to find out what the collectibles are (and I hope those members don’t take this the wrong way) but I do watch the tutorials initially so know what they are but after a few weeks or so, and after playing several other routes, you can forget like I said. I shouldn’t have to spend another 10 minutes or more watching the tutorial again or have to find a browser to get to the Steam forum when the information could be just there in front of me whenever I open a new route.

• Like Like x 3
  8. Slemcer

Slemcer Well-Known Member

As I see it there are only two things more tedious to find than fences (exception for ECW), and that are electric cabinets (RRO, TVL) and tree trunks (MSB, NTP).

• Like Like x 2
  9. tallboy7648

tallboy7648 Well-Known Member

I just watch youtube videos to find the collectibles for the route

• Like Like x 1