Collecting Material For Hudless Operation

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Jonne1184, Jan 23, 2022.

1. Jonne1184

Jonne1184 Well-Known Member

Hey all,

in the urge of using the HUD as seldom as possible, I am currently trying to gather helpful information for all the routes I own (which are nearly all).

For German routes this is quite easy, as all speed restricitons are announced and mostly even enforced in time. Together with the easily readable milestones every 200 m, makes hudless driving nearly a no-brainer. In addition there are community created documents, Buchfahrpläne, which contain all you need to know.

Modern UK routes are thoroughly documented with the sectional appendixes published by Network Rail. For the historic UK routes, I am trying to use them aswell and just ammend changes with a pencil. The only slight problem here is that milestones are sometimes hard to read, so you need to count them. Makes for more of a challenge though.

Now come the US routes. As far as I know, there is no official documentation published and the community created is hard to find (partly due to the unreliable search function of this forum).

For clinchfield, this thread was just created with a really good map: https://forums.dovetailgames.com/threads/clinchfield-maps.47481/

I am currently looking for something similar helpful for Sherman Hill, Boston Sprinter and maybe SPG. I do also own LIRR, but with the mess it is, I do not think using that one without a HUD is even a good idea.

Maybe some of you can give me a hint.