Collection Of Diorama Suggestions

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by matinakbary, Aug 13, 2021.

Tags:
  1. matinakbary

matinakbary Well-Known Member

Hi everybody,

as you have heard in the last Boston Sprinter route, DTG seems to be able to get very creative when it comes to Dioramas. So I thought, instead of making a new thread for a diorama, you could write your suggestion in this thread, so we have all ideas together and get even more creative.

My suggestions:

- Having some train engineers on plattform: In many occasions you can see one (or several) train engineers at the end/beginning of a plattform, waiting for the train to take that one over. Of course I do not suggest, that this person should then interact with the next train. But have them at least in their clothes at the plattform would be very cool. You can spot this in bigger train stations as Munich for example very often.

- Another one I've read in the chat yesterday: Maybe a band on a train station, playing license free music.

- Of course: train spotters with their cameras and tripods at the end of a plattform, on bridges or other suitable places

Do you have another idea what could be possible?

• Like Like x 1
  2. thestrudwicks

thestrudwicks Member

So I was thinking track works on line to whistle at and they wave back

Train spotters
    Newspaper salesman
    Ticket inspector
    Guard
    Hand signalman
    Stag party people to form big groups
    Hen party people to form big groups

• Like Like x 1
  3. jolojonasgames

jolojonasgames Well-Known Member

Definetely some track workers in yards especially, but also surveying along the line and doing light maintenance (perhaps even with some new equipment models).

Trainspotters at different locations would also be great. On heritage lines or very famous lines like WSR and Arosa (and the area around Heigenbrücken on MSB, as that was close to being taken out of service at the time it's set, drawing in many spotters), spotters should be seen more often than on something like Ruhr-Sieg Nord, so seeing a difference in the amount of spotters between routes would be great.

Then there is also smaller stuff, think of it like making a model railroad, where you introduce small stories that liven up your layout. Perhaps a cat in a tree with a fire truck saving it, a small collision between two cars with the drivers filling out the paperwork besides the cars (serious crashes wouldn't be appropriate for TSW I think). You could also have a farmer looking at the train going by on his lunch break sitting besides his tractor, or a mountainbiker taking a break on top of a viaduct (that would be me ;)), you could also have a lorry delivering freight to a trackside industry, standing there filling out the paperwork for his delivery. Perhaps, there could even be a farmer chasing a donkey that ran away ;).

There are really sooooo many possibilities. There could be so many fun small stories that intrigue you when playing. Just think of large model railroads like Miniatur Wonderland in Hamburg (or the model railway in Rotterdam, which depicts the Netherlands :)), and the large selection of small stories portrayed on those layouts, with character dioramas we could have the same small stories in TSW.

Last edited: Aug 14, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  4. chieflongshin

chieflongshin Well-Known Member

I mentioned royalty free music on the stream the other day so I’d love to see different musics in different places.

Transport police with and without guns (true to life right)

Football fans. Not sure how many people can become a diorama.

Animated street performances (decent ones we can stand and watch). Dancers, the levitating men etc.

The occasional running passenger, everyone is chilled out currently.

Army band

Sandwich bird people.

Guards to despatch trains

Moving forklifts.

Diggers that aren’t boarded up and always stationary ( I can’t unsee these annoying blooming things now )

I’d personally like to see more licensed things int eh route. I know it’s a ballache but when the mods give us genuine maps it’s looks so much better.

5. trainsimplayer

trainsimplayer Well-Known Member

Some of mine are specific to certain places, and a few would require these to be added onto older routes.

BML: Passengers with Luggage at Gatwick, and stations served by GX, such as Victoria. (Same could apply to any future routes with Airport stations or tourist-attracting stations)

ECW, SEHS, GCC: Trainspotters for Railtours (same applies to future routes with Railtours)

GCC, Specifically "Extra Time" Scenario:
    Scotland Fans in Scotland Colours (2014 (Cathcart's era) colours: Home: All Blue, with white stripes, Away: White with Pink & Yellow Bars, I'm not going to post an image of that it's not pleasant to look at)
    especially at stations between Glasgow - Mount Florida, on the platforms towards there, Glasgow Central (All used platforms by Circle services or specials), Pollockshields East (Outbound Platform), Queens Park (Outbound Platform) - I wouldn't bother with Crosshill, if you live there you'd just walk.

Transport Police would be a good shout, o don't know about DE or the US, but I know in the UK they are fairly common.

6. matinakbary

matinakbary Well-Known Member

Oh we have enough of the levitating passengers already in the game. Aka the jetpack passengers :D

I like the police suggestion. Of course in the appropriate uniform from the country / state. But I'm sure if the uniform are accurate, licensing is probably needed. So we'd have some more generic policemen and -women. Would still be cool!

I think every bigger train station would be good for that. Not only in near distance of airports.