Colorado Route Idea?

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by themighty844, Jan 12, 2022.

1. themighty844

themighty844 New Member

i had a thought that there could be a route for Colorado
    as a person who lives in the state i think there should be a Colorado route. we already have DRGW routes in game but why don't we have routes in the state that it was made in.
    we also have the iconic Moffat tunnel and they could make a line from Denver yard to salt lake.
    there also could be a line to kanas from Denver yard on the Limon sub and that could open opportunity's to make a lines in kanas and if rights are granted there could be some KCS routes.
    another route could be Denver to Cheyenne.

depending on what route they would want to make here's some locomotive suggestions.
    they could add some of the DRGW steam engines like
    non articulated locomotives
    M-68 northern
    T-29 10 wheeler
    P-44 pacific

articulated locomotives
    L-105 with the rock shield
    L-97 challenger
    L-131 mallet

most DRGW diesels have been covered in Train Simulator
    but heres some that could still be added
    VO660
    ML4000
    RS3
    H-10-44
    S-2
    there also could add the Rio grande Ski train with cars
    thoughts on this idea?

• Like Like x 1
  2. Buynot

Buynot Well-Known Member

I agree, Colorado is a state rich with railroad history and it's a bit of a shame there isn't more Colorado based routes available for TS outside of Raton Pass and Clear Creek. I think a good route to include would be a steam era/transition era Royal Gorge route. It would be adding an iconic route that features some of the best scenery Colorado has to offer, while also featuring motive power (standard gauge Rio Grande steam) that's gone rather unappreciated over the years.

Last edited: Jan 25, 2022
  3. modeltrains83

modeltrains83 New Member

What about a modern day version? That's something lacking in TS2022.

4. hayward.john48

hayward.john48 Well-Known Member

There is not a licensing issue with Canadian Pacific and as CP now own KCS there should not be any rights needed to be granted.
    There are KCS repaints (SD40-2, GP40-2, SD70 ACe) on the RWA and other sites.
    The DRGW steam and diesel locos you list would require a large investment in developement however third parties have developed the Alco S2 and RS3 and there is a superb Fairbanks Morse H10-44 in developement although none are in DRGW liveries. DRGW is not seen by most of the community as being a high priority livery but if requested via the right forums there are repainters looking for a challenge (I am not one of them!). The Ski Train is available as repaints see the RWA library.

Last edited: Jan 25, 2022