Combined Routes

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Meneer Kaktus, Apr 29, 2020.

1. Meneer Kaktus

Meneer Kaktus New Member

Hello all,

I recently purchased Train Sim World, and I am very happy with the purchase! There is so much more to do compared to Train Simulator with the timetables and journeys, and this makes buying new routes really worth your buck. I also really like the feature where previously bought or obtained vehicles are used in new routes, adding even more content.

The only thing I miss in this game is are the longer (especially German) intercity routes. I believe that this can be easily achieved by combining existing routes with new ones. Examples of TS2020 routes I would like to add as an example are; Berlin - Leipzig, Frankfurt - Karlsruhe- Mannheim, and Köln - Koblenz.

My pros and cons:
    Pros:
    - Longer, and more services
    - Wider range of locomotives/vehicles (not only regional)
    - Denser populated routes
    - More realistic timetables (IC's overtaking regional trains, etc.)
    - Possibilities to add high-speed trains/routes (I strongly believe that this will attract more players)
    - The LZB systems
    - Easier development of the route

Cons:
    - Making this technically possible in the engine
    - Lesser variety in routes

What do you think?

• Like Like x 3
  2. Meneer Kaktus

Meneer Kaktus New Member

I would like to add something to the post, I just read the following: "If you own Ruhr-Sieg Nord and/or Main-Spessart Bahn, then you can enjoy additional Regional Express services that traverse the main line." I do no know if this means that these routes can already be combined, or that this will only add additional services. If they can be combined, that's great! Even though I would like to see some longer (inter-city) routes, instead of additional branches, but hey, that's me!

• Like Like x 1
  3. Factor41

Factor41 Well-Known Member

Did you read that on RRO? There are additional RE services you can run on it with the 146.2 and 155 which are limited stoppers which just use the southern part of the loop that the freight always goes round, instead of the northern part that the 422 follows. There isn't anything fancy happening with combined routes.

• Like Like x 1