1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Community Update 9 (v1.19566) Now Live

Discussion in 'News, Announcements & Forum Guidelines' started by DTG Cryss, Aug 10, 2017.

1. DTG Cryss

DTG Cryss Staff Member

Howdy everyone!

We're back with our latest update which resolves some of the bugs caused by the implementation of trueSKY and numerous other tweaks and changes. Read on for the full rundown:

trueSky
    • Cirrus cloud layer added to the “Sunny Day” weather theme.
    • Overall lighting rebalanced.
    • Visual improvements to Cirrus clouds
    • SSAO improved in overcast conditions
    • Snow direction and tree flickering functionality improved for users with multiple monitors
    Please note: we're still working with Simul to address issues with the movement of clouds

Aircraft

• Night time map adjustment to better rebalance cockpit lighting
    • Flap aerodynamic wobble animation removed.
    DA40
    • Autopilot button click areas refined
    DA42
    • Alternator switch animation and tooltip corrected.
    • Corrected alternator on/off labelling.
    PA-28 Cherokee
    • Autopilot LED now activates when switched on.
    • ASI needle animation corrected
    • Rain effect no longer visible on DV panel when window is opened.
    PA-34 Seneca
    • Rain effect no longer visible on DV panel when window is opened.
    • Improved night lighting on yoke
    • Mesh tear above pilot's left window corrected.
    • Center console fuel levers, cabin temperature, and air source switches now functional
    • Appearance of elevator trim switch annunciator improved.
    • GTX327 LCD screen appearance improved.
    • SYS55X LCD screens improved in appearance.
    PA-46 Malibu Mirage
    • Rain effect no longer visible on DV panel when window is opened
    RV-7A
    • Added “wig-wag” landing light effect

Avionics
    G1000

• Fixed overlapping text on FPL screens.
    • PITOT FAIL and FUEL TEMP ANUN warning message functionality added
    • AP TRIM FAIL warning message functionality added
    GTX327
    • Will now fail if a transponder failure is activated
    Settings
    • Weather settings now default to “high”.
    • ‘Show compass’ setting changes now persist across sessions
    UI
    • Cold and Dark option now moved to main flight planner dialogue.
    • Visual improvements to Cold and Dark Checklist.
    Engine
    • Night lighting improved for buildings
    • Major road lights (motorways, highways, a roads) more visible at night.
    • Saitek Pro Flight trim wheel controller now officially supported.

Last edited: Aug 10, 2017
    • Upvote Upvote x 5
  2. Rafistole

Rafistole New Member

Thank you for this update and for the work done. Always a pleasure to see an update coming up.

3. SamYeager270

SamYeager270 Active Member

Cryss, please post the change list for the Pro Mission Editor.

• Upvote Upvote x 1
  4. theohall

theohall Active Member

G1000 is improved, but it's not quite there yet. The overlapping text is fixed for the G1000 GPS panel in the cockpit, but the pop-up panel (Shift-2) still has the overlapping text.

Last edited: Aug 10, 2017
  5. theohall

theohall Active Member

Overall lighting rebalanced.

++ Looks great!

6. flyforever

flyforever Active Member

Can someone please upload new pics? Im on vacation,so i cannot see them from last update. Tks

7. Rafistole

Rafistole New Member

Not proficient in English, I have trouble understanding this sentence: Added "wig-wag" landing light effect.
    The problem of the landing lighthouse still unresolved, I believed in reading this sentence that the first plane finally had one. Of course not. Can you please try to translate me again this sentence incomprehensible by the translator? What lighthouse does this phrase speak of? Thank you very much.

Otherwise I also notice a difference in color. I always have one or two clouds far too fast. But it all seems better to me already. I have to do more testing on FSW. Thank you again. Sorry for my English it's true, a little poor.

8. balubear

balubear Member

9. Rafistole

Rafistole New Member

HAAA thanks for this image. I had not thought of those lighthouses there. : D A little drawing, always better than a long speech. Thank you again.

• Upvote Upvote x 1
  10. in2tech

in2tech Member

No cell phone service on vacation. Vacation = USA ( and maybe some other regions ) Holiday = Europe, etc... Just kidding :)

11. BF Bullpup

BF Bullpup Active Member

Unfortunately I am going away on holiday but from a quick check the ground look like Update 7 again. The cloud placement seems more realistic, at least for Fair Weather anyway. Keep up the good work.

12. taw1962

taw1962 Member

13. Paul Blythe

Paul Blythe Active Member

NIce!.. will check it out when I have time over the weekend. Really hopping to see some good improvements on the lighting and visibility with TrueSky active.

14. SkⓄmMΔ✈

SkⓄmMΔ✈ New Member

Great to see an new update !

15. twsimfan

twsimfan New Member

Looks nice Cryss... at least Sunny Day from KTIW to KSEA (essentially all sea level) in the DA42. First time I've got the DA42 AP to hold altitude for me. I'm a bit skeptical as to if the clouds will work as well at Colorado elevations. But more testing will have to wait for tomorrow as it is well past my bed time now. Still need better working wheel brakes, ability to chose crew/passengers, and lots of other stuff but things continue to look better all the time.

Thanks guys! :)

16. Paul Blythe

Paul Blythe Active Member

Still some issues with the SSAO being visible through the cloud layer. Also now getting some lighting map issues on the PA-34 Seneca. Not tried the other aircraft yet.

[​IMG]FSW_SSAO by Paul Blythe, on Flickr

Though, in general Lighting and visibility certainly look to have improved from when TrueSky was first introduced. Colours aren't as saturated as before, and the shadowing isn't as dark as pre-truesky ... Really need cloud shadows for added depth on the terrain.

[​IMG]FSW_TrueSky by Paul Blythe, on Flickr

Last edited: Aug 11, 2017
  17. EchoKilo

EchoKilo Member

Those lighting map issues (around windows) have existed before update 9 as well, both in Seneca and Malibu. Seems to depend on the angle the light is coming from, they were not visible in every situation.

18. DTG Cryss

DTG Cryss Staff Member

No changes this patch, it just gets an update when we release a new build.

When there are changes to the PME, we'll make sure they're listed!

19. SamYeager270

SamYeager270 Active Member

Hi Cryss, thanks for the reply. By update do you mean they just change the version number in the "about" box or do they add fixes as well?

20. twsimfan

twsimfan New Member

As I expected the newly improved clouds still need a lot of work. Are they pretty... YES! But while they seemed very close to correct at sea level at 5,400' ASL they are just splotches of heavy ground fog. What is needed is the ability to set the elevation of the lower cloud layer in the CONFIG tab for the weather. Just as we could with FSX & P3D. But unlike those other sims we also need to have default cloud altitudes set as a given number of feet AGL not ASL. Depending on the weather theme selected in most cases it should be something like 2 to 5 thousand feet AGL by default! Some conditions may even need at bit higher.

The wheel brakes still need fixing for a "button pusher" like myself. (Trigger puller might be more accurate.) We also need to have the ability to choose the figures for crew and/or passengers. ORBX's Vector & openGL would also help. And I don't expect to get those for free. (Although I wouldn't turn them down. ;))

I know I'm sounding very negative. I do not wish to sound that way. I have committed to myself that FSW & AFS2 are my simulators of the future so I want very much for FSW to succeed.

Thanks guys... keep those updates coming please!

Last edited: Aug 12, 2017
  21. Ken Hall

Ken Hall New Member

Looking better but why so tentative with the shader fix, this ground textures are still washed out, I really love the immersion of true sky but it all gets nullified by anemic ground textures, maybe add a touch of red to the shaders as the lime green tinge to all the landclass is also a spoiler, this is constructive feedback guys, you need to get this right.
    Cheers

• Upvote Upvote x 4
  22. taw1962

taw1962 Member

A very good point Ken. My view is that you can't please everyone with a fixed shader setting, so why not add some Advanced settings in the Display options UI for brightness, contrast, saturation and color/colour balance? The dev's can go on tweaking till the cows come home, but creating a Display control panel with those features would be a one-off job?

Last edited: Aug 12, 2017
    • Upvote Upvote x 2
  23. C.a

C.a Member

You just expressed my feelings. I was hoping for a better balance in day lighting. When flying midday time you just see blue terrain textures.
    I really like to fly afternoon times. The colors get way better in this time of the day.

• Upvote Upvote x 1