1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Community Update V6 (1.0.18508) Is Now Live

Discussion in 'News, Announcements & Forum Guidelines' started by DTG Aimee, Jul 13, 2017.

1. DTG Aimee

DTG Aimee Staff Member

Community Update 6 is now live! We’ve been focusing heavily on the aircraft avionics in this one. Additionally, we have introduced the option to add passengers to your aircraft, which opens up a number of new options when customizing the load of your aircraft or building missions in the Pro Mission Editor

That’s not all, so read on for the full list:

Missions
    New Animations! Passengers as well as your co-pilot can now be placed in all available aircraft seats in mission editor or via the free-flight paystation configuration menu.

Aircraft
    Vertical Speed Indicator (VSI) recalibrated across all aircraft

Avionics

KAP140 / KFC225 AP:
    Entering altitude values now works correctly
    1000’s knob functionality improved (no longer overrides 100’s)
    Switching to vertical speed values no longer resets altitude

KN62 (DME):
    NAV1/NAV2 functionality improved

Garmin GTX327 (Transponder):
    Transponder now non-operational once the fuse is removed
    The unit can be turned on/off
    IDENT works as per real world with an 18 second pulse
    Transponder will set code 1200 or revert to previous code if pressed a second time on VFR mode as per the real world
    ALT/ SBY modes function correctly and can be cleared by pressing ON a second time.

PA-28 Cherokee
    Restored gauge helper tooltips.

PA-34 Seneca
    Ambient occlusion improved on door edge, main panel and DDMP unit
    Graphical improvements on main panel
    Strobe/ beacon combined switch added.
    SYS55X Autopilot - Vertical speed mode functionality improved:- VS input can be toggled with the VS button and becomes active when using ALT mode.
    CWP annunciator behavior improvements:
    Flap transit now only lights up when the flaps move, and heater overheat responds to windscreen heater use
    The heater can now overheat, complete with flashing warning light

DA40
    Canopy door handle animation added

DA42
    Graphical improvements to interior textures.
    Improved rear door animation on DA42.

RV-7
    Fuse functionality added for autopilot, panel lights, avionics lights, and landing lights
    Canopy latch tooltip corrected
    Cockpit placards added
    Propeller shutdown animation added

Flight planner
    Payload quick edit feature added

Engine
    Passenger placement and animation system added
    Fix for crash when touch and go aircraft tried to signal the tower at an airport that ATC had closed (Reported on several forum threads)
    Rain noise stops when game is paused.
    Fixed corrupted tail numbers on planes if you chose lesson or mission as your first flight in a session.
    360 controller ‘X’ button remapped to trigger external view
    Optimisation to ensure interior/exterior attachment objects only render in the appropriate camera view

Missions/Lessons
    LAPL00

Removed ATC window
    Pitch and raising nose message now have unique strings and voiceover
    Increased delay between using rudder and hearing the “That’s it” dialogue.

LAPL01
    Removed ATC window
    Aircraft is auto-straightened at end of lesson

PPL07
    Removed ATC window

Icing conditions
    Improved introduction

Blender
    Removed outro cinematic

Mission Editor
    Fixed errant takeoff trigger defaults reported by the community
    Pro Mission Editor help menu now provides direct link to editor manuals
    Workshop publishing crash with missions containing OneShotActions is now fixed

Tags:
    • Upvote Upvote x 6
  2. Jehan

Jehan Member

So, Cryss is on holiday?

Great update, though!

• Upvote Upvote x 3
  3. mikeytwc

mikeytwc Member

ty for the update DTG....and thanks for informing us Aimee, love that you're listening to us and providing updates on a consistent basis.
    Keep up the fantastic work, now im off to work so i can afford to get a computer that will do this sim justice...
    if only my i5 and crappy card could handle everything you are putting into OUR sim.
    eventually i will have a rig that will do the sim justice....but life has priorities i suppose, like bills, gas,eating....

• Upvote Upvote x 1
  4. andyroo777uk

andyroo777uk Member

Sounds good will try it in a while

5. flyforever

flyforever Active Member

By the way, DTG, you may find that regular, weekly updates, will be what sets this sim apart from the others. Once the word is out, people will flock to it, just to be hooked on the weekly updates.

• Upvote Upvote x 2
  6. andyroo777uk

andyroo777uk Member

Have you done anything to simconnect with this update? I was flying before it and everything was fine, after the update none of my Saitek stuff Is connecting to the sim via spad next, meaning its become unplayable now as I now only have limited throttle as I need to use spad to fix the mess Saitek made of programing it

7. Gary Law

Gary Law New Member

The passengers are only found when having external views - inside the cockpit there are only empty seats.
    Not sure if there is any plans to put the animated passengers in inside view?

For some people who suggest that putting passengers inside the plane will obstruct the view,
    I think it would be better if we can turn the passengers on and off inside the plane - as in real life the passengers do obstruct the view to some extent:)

8. flylow

flylow Member

Passengers look nice, but there are some problems with the position of hands and the way they disappear on trousers. There is also a hole in the blue shirt of one passenger carried from the start (on the right shoulder). Animations seem OK - is it my impression or the pilot is mostly static? - but it would be nice to have a way to define who sits where. I've built a mission for the Vans that has been waiting for passengers, and now instead of a male pilot I get a female pilot. Nothing against it, but I will need to change all dialogs, unless I can shift the figure... Any ideas? I would like to have an answer before I touch that mission again.

9. flyforever

flyforever Active Member

I'd like to see "touch and go" as another way to log flight time. Currently, the aircraft must come to a stop before the program logs the flight time.

• Upvote Upvote x 1
  10. Bigglesworth

Bigglesworth Member

Passengers in the VC would be nice, but only if the sharpness of the textures can be maximized. Blurry passengers no good, you don't know what they're thinking.

11. theohall

theohall Active Member

Running an i5 6500 with no issues. Using the 1070 GTX with 16GB of DDR4 I'm certain helps quite a bit.

12. theohall

theohall Active Member

Great! Now I need to update those autopilot guides which have fixes. ;) Nice work! (and no, this isn't sarcasm..... this time ;)

13. in2tech

in2tech Member

My computer is fine for what it's main purpose is, simple coding. But I did not know that FSW was going to come out with a sim that would run at all on my laptop, because Flight School would never work, although I bought it. I am not a gamer, nor a serious simulator person. I just liked using FSX once in awhile and it screamed on my laptop, because I finally caught up with the technology with my last laptop.

But FSW has me hooked on making mission's! And therefore like mikeytwc, I am going to have to stop eating to upgrade in the future. Thanks DTG, now I am literally hungry :) OK, food or new laptop, new laptop or that juicy burger I want to eat, etc...

And I know people want this and people want that, and some people like FSW and some people don't. But the fact that they actually watch the community and at least fix a few issue's each time is pretty amazing. Thanks DTG!

We are like a bunch of kid's waiting each week, seeing if we get picked to play in the game. That is our item get's fixed in an update.

Really nice.

Thanks!

• Upvote Upvote x 1
  14. in2tech

in2tech Member

Totally agree!

15. flyforever

flyforever Active Member

Just curious. How steep is the learning curve for the mission editor?

16. flyforever

flyforever Active Member

I am still having trouble with the autopilot in the seneca. Can it be my trim axis? The plane wants to descend while on autopilot. ALT is set.
    Also, is the ALT setting just a reminder, or does the aircraft take the plane to that specific altitude?

17. Heimi

Heimi Active Member

• Upvote Upvote x 1
  18. theohall

theohall Active Member

ALT takes the plane to the Altitude you set after you press the "ARM" button.

19. in2tech

in2tech Member

Well just doing a simple airport to airport is really easy. But adding things can be a bit challenging. But we are all helping each other learn. So you just start simple and then build on that and ask the community in PME forum's for help!

We have our own forum's now they added a while back! Great group of people, helping one another.

https://forums.dovetailgames.com/forums/pro-mission-editor-workshop.65/

20. theohall

theohall Active Member

Multiple airports with waypoints - as many as you want - is easy now also. They fixed the 2 bugs over the last 2 updates that made this require editing before.
    1) Create a Flight Plan in Free Flight and Save it.
    2) Open the Mission Editor, Select "Create a Basic Mission Tutorial", Select From Flight Plan, open the browser button and pick your flight plan.
    3) Follow the wizard for the rest.
    4) Save.
    And you've created a mission. It is that simple. Adding stuff to that basic mission is where the Manual and Forums come into play to help you make the mission more engaging for others, vice sticking with the basic auto-generated dialogs and such.

21. Campospinto

Campospinto Member

+1
    I noticed FPS crash in update 6, unfortunately

João Alfredo

22. maxter

maxter Active Member

Thanks DTG folks for listening, it seems an awesome update.
    Looking forward to trying it out

23. R. Manochvarma

R. Manochvarma New Member

Thanks for the update DTG. Will be nice if the extra passengers also viewable in virtual cockpit too.

Regards,
    Manochvarma Raman

24. DTG Cryss

DTG Cryss Staff Member

I'm getting some mixed messaging for update 6, some people are seeing frame rate improvements, others drops.

Would you mind being a little more detailed about your experiences?

25. Switch686

Switch686 Member

No change for me, still about 30 to 40fps but I don't fly in heavy scenery areas, yet. Might try that today...

i5 6600k no overclock
    nvidea 1050ti no overclock
    16g ram

26. theohall

theohall Active Member

Slight drop in the NYC Flyaround flight plan (uploaded it to Steam). After update 5, it was running 15-22 fps. Update 6 is 13-20 fps. Have the same stuttering in this flight plan as Heimi mentions in the post below.

i5 6500
    GTX 1070 no overclock
    16g DDR4 ram

Last edited: Jul 14, 2017
  27. Heimi

Heimi Active Member

In areas with dense autogen i notice framerate 5-10fps lower than before the update. Also sometimes stuttering which i hadn`t before.
    For example when flying in wooded area in alaska, or dense cities.
    When flying in high altitude, the framerate increased indeed.

I5-750 @4GHz, 8GB RAM, AMD R280X, SSD Harddrives

• Upvote Upvote x 1
  28. flyforever

flyforever Active Member

Cryss, the Traffic setting is biggest culprit to significantly lower frame rates. Fix that, and then ask the question.
    Currently, any user who keeps that setting on( who does not want to see some traffic?) will experience very low frame rates, thus discouraging most from continuing flying.
    Either fix it, or disable it for the time being.

29. flyforever

flyforever Active Member

The GPS 430 graphic glitch is still present in addition to the very poor resolution. I am referring to the 2D panels. As I've already stated before, when you click "direct to" and try to enter the airport icao code, the first letter is hidden by background graphics, thereby hiding the first character.
    Also, When you try to resize the gps, the screen becomes unreadable.

30. Switch686

Switch686 Member

2D panel GPS is horrendous...:mad: At least compared to some other sims...Changed in the aircraft panel .cfg to cut down the size, but it doesn't help... Needs work bad...That's what feedback in EA is for...

31. flyforever

flyforever Active Member

where's the "ARM" button in the seneca?

32. Hypercide

Hypercide Active Member

For traffic., maybe it's a good idea for DTG to reintroduce the granularity FSX has--sliders for each separate element of traffic. I've made changes in the fsw.cfg file that were suggested by someone when Flight School came out, and I've remained at mid 20's in all areas through all the updates.

[TrafficManager]
    AirlineDensity=20
    GADensity=40
    FreewayDensity=20
    ShipsAndFerriesDensity=40
    LeisureBoatsDensity=40

(i4790 @3.60GHZ, 16G RAM, GTX745)

33. flyforever

flyforever Active Member

This is a very good idea. Does changing the slider reset these numbers?

34. andyroo777uk

andyroo777uk Member

Cryss I cant comment on frame rates as I cant play at the moment, ever since I updated the game simconnect isn't working, I have no connection from it to spad next in fsw it works in fsx still but nothing at all in fsw, so my throttle wont work properly and all other Saitek panels and screens wont work, I was flying when the update came live so when I finished my flight I updated it, and simconnect has been dead since, so I can only assume its to do with the update, any ideas, no one else has got back on here saying if its working or dead for them so I'm kind of in the dark, some help would be great

35. DTG Cryss

DTG Cryss Staff Member

Since spad isn't officially supported it's possible that alterations made in update 6 may have accidentally broke the functionality between FSW and simconnect / spad. It would be good to hear from anyone else who's been using that as a workaround to confirm.

• Downvote Downvote x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  36. Sublivion

Sublivion Member

I used to get framerates of 30 and thats halved after the update. Same airport, same settings

37. maxter

maxter Active Member

I'm seeing about a 5 FPS drop in dense forested areas, no change over the ocean

38. flyforever

flyforever Active Member

I wish DTG provided us with a more objective method to determine fps performance. I think this wastes time on both ends.
    Some of us tweak graphic card settings, trying to figure out text clarity in the cockpit. How this affects fps is anyone's guess.
    My impression is that fps and fluidity has not improved. I can't say it has deteriorated.

39. Campospinto

Campospinto Member

I remote areas where I found 30/40 FPS today I have 22 FPS.
    In areas of Europe, London, before taking off 10 FPS, flying 14/18 FPS.
    Seneca V always proved to be the most enemy of FPS, so I did tests with him.
    I detected something very strange, for the first time in my life, a mirrored phantom plane.
    I tried to play ghost plane with other aircraft, but it did not happen.
    Thank you.

João Alfredo

20170714142222_1.jpg

40. MrAdrianSW

MrAdrianSW Active Member

Its not what I would call "user friendly" but its not too complicated once you get the hang of it.

41. MrAdrianSW

MrAdrianSW Active Member

I cant say Iv noticed much change in my frame rate, but I do see some very slight ghosting when using the Senica. I think that AO adjustment might have been a bit too aggressive.. ;)

42. Hypercide

Hypercide Active Member

I haven't touched that slider since I made this change when I went from FS to FSW in May, and I suspect that's because I discovered in FS that moving the slider does reset the values.

43. Hypercide

Hypercide Active Member

Is that ghosting (though I've not seen it) an artefact of the AI subroutine? Some of us have ported in some freeware aircraft and have noticed they're also showing up as ai (I have the Ants Moth and it is showing up somewhere as ai in every flight). I've also noticed that there is an "ai bias" value in the aircraft.cfg file of all the native aircraft. BTW, I had CTD with the Seneca last night and the error log showed the faulting module to be ntdll.dll. That's the first CTD I've had. My checking the internet led me to updating my Nvidia drivers. Also, immediately post CTD, my system troubleshooter did a repair of some file connected with numerating or enumerating (can't remember which). I am running update 6, and I had a successful flight with the DA40 immediately afterward. I plan to refly the CTD flight tonight to see if it really was the video drivers faulting the system.

44. in2tech

in2tech Member

I see that ghosting for the first time too. Since the last update.

45. angr607

angr607 New Member

Mine's broken as well. Not good. My throttle still works but I prefer having a complete set of panels when flying! It says Simconnect isn't recognized. Can you sort this out? The sim is now unusable in its present state to me personally.

Jon

46. Hypercide

Hypercide Active Member

I retried the Seneca flight. First time, I got a CTD as soon as I launched flight (same faulting module as last time, ntdll.dll). But when I tried it again, I was able to complete the flight with no problems. So....?

47. Campospinto

Campospinto Member

Before starting testing, where I found Seneca Ghost, I used Steam tool to verify FSW file integrity.
    I also found, for two or three times error when starting flight, FSW closed, but then I executed everything again so error did not occur.
    I tried to reproduce situation to find Senca ghost, but it did not occur.
    Also I found that if we put slider in high middle, scenery, the color of the water in TNCM is very beautiful.
    With other aircraft I do not have a big drop in frames, with Seneca, yes.
    Better days will come!

João Alfredo

48. NutNut

NutNut Member

I love flying in the antilles and in the Florida Keys.. thank you for the improved coastlines... it was a really nice surprise when I flew today. Also, no negative impact that i can see so far from the new update. Keep up the great work.

49. flyforever

flyforever Active Member

The seneca autopilot still fails to hold Altitude.

50. Evoboy21

Evoboy21 Active Member

Cryss, that is unacceptable. Just kidding ;)