Thought about calling this idea "Great Western Express 2.0" or something like that, but this just rolls off the tongue better. An upgraded or electrified version of GWE seems to be one of the most requested additions to TSW2, I see it brought up more than some routes and locos. Clearly the community is passionate about this, so I thought I would outline what I personally would want to see in such an add on. Changes to the route itself The first major upgrade is that the line has been extended from Reading to Didcot Parkway and Oxford, just like the classic route in Train Simulator. This allows for a far greater variety of services, as well as making the route feel much more substantial than it does now. Another change is that the line is now fully electrified from Paddington to Didcot, bringing it more in line with the current appearance of the route, as well as bringing electric trains to the route. Class 800/3 This would be the other main selling point of this expansion. I feel like it's only a matter of time until we see an 800 in TSW2 (unless rights issues get in the way), and it would be great to see it make it's debut in one of TSW2's most beloved routes. I specify the /3 as I think it would be the simplest to make, with the 800/0 they'd have to create more service variety between five and ten car trains. One really interesting feature for it would be the power changeover from Electric to Diesel for the line to Oxford, I loved doing something similar in LGV and I think it would be equally fun here. Class 387/1 This seems pretty logical seeing as this train will soon be in the upcoming Brighton Mainline. I don't know if that version of the 387 (the 387/2) will have pantograph functionality so it may not be just a copy and paste job, but it shouldn't be too difficult. Nowadays these trains form the backbone of commuter services between Paddington, Reading and Didcot, so it would be great to see these. Returning Trains I actually think it would be best to set this route around 2018, so that it would be set in the transition period between the old and new stock. This would enable the HST and 166 to still be in the route. It's a given that the 66 will return, and maybe the 47, Peak, 37 etc could come over to the route for special railtour services (like they did with East Coastway and SEHS). The 166 is still in use on stopping services between Didcot and Oxford to this day, so that's another new service they could do (I know 165s are what's normally used on these, but I doubt many will care. I don't and I know this route like the back of my hand). All the scenarios from the previous version of the route would also carry over. I'm not really sure if the timetable could transfer over though. One idea I had is that a new timetable could be created, and fast services could be played using either the 800 or the HST (a similar system for the commuter services between the 166 and 387). You would select the 800, and the list of services available for it would be the same list of services available for the HST. AI services meanwhile could have say a 70% chance of spawning as an 800 and a 30% chance as an HST, or whatever the most realistic ratio was back then. I don't know how these things work, so such a system might be too complex, which is fine. I just think it would be a neat way of showing the changing of the guard as it were. So that's it! Overall I think this would be a fantastic addition to TSW2, however I doubt they will do such a thing as they'd rather focus resources on building new routes, which is understandable. I still think I'd take this over the 1500th modern German route or yet another modern British route set in South East England with third rail traction, but feel free to disagree.