Conductor-made Onboard Announcements

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Suomen surkein junakuski, Mar 4, 2022.

1. Suomen surkein junakuski

Suomen surkein junakuski Well-Known Member

Harlem Line cab ride:

As I was watching a cab ride video of the Harlem Line, I heard that the conductor aboard was making the passenger announcements. As I'm aware, this is the case for every North American passenger route currently in TSW. When asked about the onboard announcements, DTG has said that the tech for the announcements is already there, but because the licence for them is so hard to get, we don't have them in the game.

Therefore I suggest that for the trains where the announcements are made by conductors, the DTG would hire voice actors to play the conductors that make the announcements. If the recording is entirely made by DTG, there should be no worries for licensing. There could be from 3 to 6 different voices for the conductors, which would be chosen randomly for each session. It would also be good to have a setting which turns the announcents off, in case some players don't want them.

Overall I would love to see conductor made announcements in the game. This could be introduced in some future North American passenger route and then added to the other routes by the preservation crew.

• Like Like x 4
  2. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

Excellent idea and apply to the Older trains where the Conductor UK Guard DB SBB OBB Zugbeliter has to do it manually. On newer trains, this can be used if the Automatic Train announcements are not working correctly by overriding them.

• Like Like x 1
  3. trainsimplayer

trainsimplayer Well-Known Member

My opinion: Save the effort, I'll do my best attempt at the accent of the region and do it myself :D

• Like Like x 3