Confused By Dtg Support

Discussion in 'Technical Reports' started by 749006, Aug 9, 2021.

1. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

So I have a Problem with Utilities.exe as when you push the Refresh Button an error message pops up
    Screenshot (37).png
    So I send a ticket in to DTG Support pointing out I have a missing dll file which sits in my Railworks folder.

The reply had this
    "Firstly, we would recommend reinstalling the game dependencies as listed below.

Direct X Runtimes
    Microsoft Visual C++ 2015-2019
    PhysX Software

If the issue persists, could you provide us with a copy of your DxDiag file, so we can check for potential issues, please? "

So the issue persists because a file is missing from my Railworks Folder.
    I send the DxDiag file and they come back today telling me to update Windows 10
    I did but of course that made no difference BECAUSE MICROSOFT DON'T SENT OUT RAILWORKS FILES.

I feel I'm wasting my time contacting support

Peter

• Like Like x 1
  2. sphexi

sphexi Active Member

There should be a file called "ICSharpCode.SharpZipLib.dll" in your Railworks folder. It's a C# library for working with .zip files (along with some others). It makes sense that Utilities.exe might use a library like that. If you don't see the file, I would think a Steam verify would restore the file. If it doesn't, this might be a good place to look for the .dll (https://github.com/icsharpcode/SharpZipLib).

Sphexi

3. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

I know this.
    It is what I told DTG Support but they want me to look at stuff unrelated to the game.
    And the point of this thread.

I have no intention of doing a Steam Verify for the sake of a DLL file as it could upset some of my add-ons when they work ok.

• Like Like x 3
  4. NEC Railfan

NEC Railfan Well-Known Member

Well have you tried asking someone for the file? I don't think it'd be piracy if someone provided a simple .dll file, though I only mess with assets so I don't know if it's a geo style situation or not.

You also don't have to use Utilities.exe in the first place if you want to install something, merely unzipping it as if it were an archive with 7zip is a better option in my opinion (and what I do). As for making .rwp files, I don't know if that's necessary now.

5. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

I was able to gain a copy of the missing file from a friend and between me asking and him replying I remembered that I had TS2021 on my Laptop - even though I have not used it much - and the file was copied from that location.
    Which is what I do normally
    I had obtained a new copy on DVD of the Rascal and Cottonwood route which was £2.98 on Amazon compared with £14.99 on Steam. I needed a number of Assets from the route for a Freeware one.

But the route would not install normally as it looks for a different exe file.
    Utilities has the option to import Legacy DLC so I used that.
    Afterwards I got the Error in Utilities when I pushed Refresh.

So I raised a ticket with DTG and got told to do stuff unrelated to the problem - which is the reason for my post.

Peter

• Like Like x 1