PC Confused?

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Jack O'Track, Nov 29, 2019.

1. Jack O'Track

Jack O'Track Active Member

Well, looking through all the goodies, some on sale, i get more and more confused.
    Some loc addon seems interesting enough, but reading the 'small' print often indicates tha you have to buy a whole route as well. Of course at a price ... Anyone accidentally bought some bagged cat not knowing that?

2. Anthony Pecoraro

Anthony Pecoraro Well-Known Member

Every locomotive DLC requires a certain route.

3. thearkerportian

thearkerportian Well-Known Member

Not entirely true. Most of the German cargo engines can be used on any German route, regardless of whether you have it "homeport" installed or not.
    (EDIT: Apart from RT, which has no cargo services)

If yes, the fault is on them for being too lazy to read.

Last edited: Nov 30, 2019
    • Like Like x 2
  4. Jack O'Track

Jack O'Track Active Member

That's me .... especially remembering what i read too. A checklist about what is needed would be useful, and on the website on checkout of course.

5. thearkerportian

thearkerportian Well-Known Member

Maybe something like on the Steam workshop: When you subscribe to a workshop item that requires another item to work, a warning pops up, Hey, subscribe to that too please! You'll need it!" Not in these words of course.

For TSW, if you want to buy a loco for which you don't have the route, a similar warning. "What the hell do want with another LIRR train if you don't even have the LIRR route? Huh?!"

Again, probably not the most marketing-friendly wording but you get the idea!

But that would probably by Steam's responsibility to introduce, not much Dovetail can do there...

Last edited: Nov 30, 2019
    • Like Like x 1