Consist Editor Problem

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by benhhng, Nov 8, 2021.

1. benhhng

benhhng Member

The consist editor usually loading for a long time when making a consist. The newest coach sometimes keep loading and loading, it cannot be deleted and cannot be flipped. It make the edit freezed and need to get out and restart the editing. It ruined the editing for many times. How can make the consist editor more smooth?

Thank you.

2. tommydee

tommydee Well-Known Member

Is the coach payware or shareware? I sometimes find the consist editor doesn't load properly if an item isn't installed properly.

3. benhhng

benhhng Member

Both of them are from official paid.

4. torfmeister

torfmeister Guest

The bigger your rolling stock collection is the more unstable the consist editor becomes. It will crash while browsing through all asset folders if hit hits a corrupt file or duplicate data. And there is many. Different Locos with the same DisplayName etc. As I don't play QuickDrives and rather create standard scenarios I prefer building and saving consists in the scenario editor. Or if you know what assets your consist will need, removing all other asset folders to a safe place, start TS and edit your consist, exit and move the asset folders back.

Just be sure not to move Kuju\RailsimulatorCore :)

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 14, 2021
  5. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

A problem with moving all other assets to a safe place is the time that will take copying back and forth
    My Asset folder is 627GB

6. torfmeister

torfmeister Guest

Not if you are moving them within the same partition as the data physically stays in the same place. Like creating a folder "AssetsStorage" inside Railworks folder e.g.