Consist Of Different Type Of Freight Wagons

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by montes_1234, May 31, 2020.

1. montes_1234

montes_1234 Well-Known Member

I am suggesting for the British routes to have more varying freight wagon consists. So that the consists for some services can use the wagons from different packs that you may already own. So more you own more diverse the consists could be. Currently we just have the consists that are formed of one freight wagon. So it just becomes repetitive. This could add some form of a diversity to the consists.

2. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

Do they do that in real life on any of the UK routes though? A coal train would only be made up of coal wagons for instance. It would look a bit daft with a random container wagon in it.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  3. TrainSim_Fan

TrainSim_Fan Well-Known Member

Yes, sometimes they mix wagons atleast where I'm from in the UK. Although these tend to mixing of covered wagons and open wagons typically carrying intermodal products.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  4. montes_1234

montes_1234 Well-Known Member

I am not sure but for example for the TVL maybe we can have on the mainline the mixture of the three: hopper, cement and steel. Then after delivering it with classes 33 or 37, class 08 or 20 could arrange it through different sidings?

• Like Like x 1
  5. TrainSim_Fan

TrainSim_Fan Well-Known Member

Hoppers and cement would likely be carried together, but steal would likely have a separate train as it comes down from a branch line were no other products ate produced.

• Helpful Helpful x 1