Console: Why Is There No Toggle Menu Button In The Timetable Menu Which Enables Search?

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by cloudyskies21, Sep 14, 2022.

1. cloudyskies21

cloudyskies21 Well-Known Member

One important bit of feedback I have for TSW 3 on console regards the timetable menu.

On TSW 2, when in the timetable menu, you were able to press Y on Xbox for example to toggle the menu button which enabled the player to search for a specific service.

However, I notice there is no such function in TSW 3 and, if I want to use the search bar, I have to end up scrolling right to the very top of the timetable list using a controller, which is super tedious - especially if such a large timetable like London Commuter, SEHS or Bakerloo, which I search for services by headcode for this very reason.

Please if DTG can add a toggle menu button on TSW 3 like that of TSW 2, that would be useful.

• Like Like x 6
  2. Princess Entrapta

Princess Entrapta Well-Known Member

this whole UI was designed with literally ZERO thought to anyone using anything but a mouse to navigate it.

• Like Like x 1
  3. bljohansson#4171

bljohansson#4171 Active Member

I'd like to add that it's pretty damn annoying when you're heading to the top of a timetable and you forget that the search bar is up there and you end up getting interrupted by the search bar popping up.

Yeah, I'm even able to reproduce this thing where directional buttons stop working in certain situations. And it's very obvious that they didn't pick up on it during development because they were expecting a mouse cursor to be available. I'll do a feedback topic on it later.

• Like Like x 1
  4. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

I gave feedback on this straight away too. It was particularly annoying as during the request for improvements on how players navigate through the game I pointed out how it takes so long to scroll through some timetables and then when TSW3 releases it is now even worse.

Not only should the search bar be instantly accessible there should be a way of paging through the list quickly. Pretty obvious really but DTG don’t pay much attention to detail when developing and testing these things, especially on console.

• Like Like x 2