Contacting The Signaller

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Anonymous, Oct 22, 2021.

1. Anonymous

Anonymous Member

First of all I'd like to start by congratulating DTG on the thriving new London Commuter Route, what an amazing thrill you get to feel such a busy route.

However, I have been and I am experiencing tremendous congestion getting into London Victoria with a personal hold from Wandsworth Common Platform Which I am not scheduled to stop at and the signals from here on out to Victoria are red and after waiting well over an hour the signals do not change from red.

However, I had the idea that on busy routes like this, would it be possible to implement a feature to allow us to contact the singnaller and ask permission to arrive on a different platform rather than the default that has been allocated to us as this would help us complete our journeys and would also add a little more realistic detail.

Last edited: Oct 22, 2021
    • Like Like x 3
  2. Rybnicki

Rybnicki Well-Known Member

Simrail has this so it should be possible for TSW also.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Anonymous

Anonymous Member

Hello Rybnicki,
    Well hopefully DTG could implement the same features that SimRail have. I've heard so much about SimRail but unfortunately I don't have a PC. My primary platform is the Xbox One S.

But, I if DTG can gives us the layers at the amount the PC users get, then I'm sure they can implement the same features too.

Thankyou for your comment its very much appreciated

• Like Like x 1
  4. Rybnicki

It was honestly not something I'd thought about before but it really added something.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Anonymous

Anonymous Member

Hello again Rybnicki,
    In all honesty it wasn't something I had thought about nor wanted before the London Commuter. But then, with previous routes they really wouldn't have been any use for that system as none of the other routes are as busy as what the London Commuter is. So now, with the busier routes entering TSW2 I think it would be a good idea to now introduce such implementation as being able to change platform with the use of contacting the signaller.

Thankyou Rybnicki for your comments they are very much appreciated. It's so good to finally talk to somebody who would like to see the same as me in TSW2.

• Like Like x 1
  6. paintbrushguy

paintbrushguy Well-Known Member

SimRail simply doesn't have the complexity of TSW2, allowing this to happen. With so much other stuff going on changing platforms would be a virtual hell, especially on routes like the BML. Perhaps this could happen at big stations which are mostly empty, like Cathcart, but if anything else layers on top of that I don't think it's possible.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Anonymous

Anonymous Member

Hello PaintsBrushGuy,
    Yes that is what I presumed which is why I said I didn't know how they'd get it to work as people are already having bad experiences across the board now.

But, this is also why I suggested yesterday, that perhaps they could take a couple of the AI services off for the people such as myself that are still playing on the last generation of consoles (Xbox One S) and maybe they could increase the passenger density.

As I should imagine that AI traffic takes up much more RAM on the consoles than what the AI passengers do. In addition, if they decreased the AI traffic ever so slightly and increased the passenger density it would make feel a lot realistic and as though we are part of a network rather than just driving empty trains.

Thankyou for your comment its very much appreciated

8. cadeshr6s

cadeshr6s Well-Known Member

I really like the Idea, if is possible I hope they will implement this. I would also like to see that other trains are running late and because of them you have to use an other track or wait to let a faster train bypass you

9. Rybnicki

Less complex in what way? I'm not big enough on differences between Unreal and Unity to say in that regard, if that's your point.

10. paintbrushguy

paintbrushguy Well-Known Member

Less complex in it doesn't have 5000 services crammed into a 50 mile route!

11. Rybnicki

Ah, right! I mean, this is true of the demo but I'm curious to see how much of the 500km it will finally have that's active at one time, if you get me. Certainly it will have to be possible for dispatchers to control several services at once, in various locations in the multiplayer, so it will have to be somewhat complex in the end.