Contist Editor

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by NicoHD, Jul 20, 2020.

1. NicoHD

NicoHD Active Member

Hey everybody.
    We know so far we get 2, Editors.1 for senarios and 1 for repaints. But what about a simpel Contist Editor Like MSTS(Microsoft Train Simulator). We all wondering the 1 senario at MSB Witth the BR185.2 So why not DTG PLS?. Then we can make a Sandwich of 2 Br182 with 6-7 Dostos,or a locomotive Train with 6 BR204 Or a, Br204 with dostos.

Greeting NicoHD

• Like Like x 3
  2. TrainSim_Fan

TrainSim_Fan Well-Known Member

Nico, DTG have said no, and as DTG Protagonist has said that means no. It could in the future but as of now, it's a no.

3. DTG Protagonist

DTG Protagonist Has left the building Staff Member

This is accurate, however as we're in the suggestions forum, suggestions are more than welcome.

If we were to build a straightforward consist designer/editor what would you want to see?

• Like Like x 3
  4. TrainSim_Fan

TrainSim_Fan Well-Known Member

For a consist creator (a simple one) along as I can pick my loco/DVT then decide what types of carriages I'm hauling, then I'm happy. However at the current stage rolling stock and locos from TSW2020 would have to be included to make it worth while. So, if it's probably best to wait until you have atleast another 3 route out for TSW2, unless you consider using previous loco (as mentioned above), if it released at the launch if TSW2, witha mere one loco, you'd have some disappointed people. Anyways have a nice DTG Protagonist!

• Like Like x 1
  5. Stockton Rails

Stockton Rails Well-Known Member

Great idea- I would definitely like to have a consist editor in TSW 2! I’ve put together two long unit trains so far in Oakville Sub (using Hamilton Explorer)- one a string of full tankers with buffer cars and working helper units in the middle, the other a grain train with 4 locos all up front. I did this the hard way, manually putting the trains together, which I did enjoy. But having a consist editor allows me to put something together that much faster when I want to, and I can then spend more time running (and enjoying) the train I just created.

A consist editor would be a very handy feature for many folks when working with custom trains... hope to see this added at some point.

Last edited: Jul 26, 2020
    • Like Like x 4
  6. NicoHD

NicoHD Active Member

For an contist editor just a simpel one like MSTS OR TS20XX

7. NicoHD

NicoHD Active Member

Heres my idea For an contist editor. You choose between Electric Diesel and (steam) Locomotive Then you, choose your,cars passenger or cargo and for a limit,i say so 600 to 700 meters, and you just can pick, for the locomotive the right,cars with the right coupling. For example the DB BR 425,406,422 And many more german EMU Have the Scharvenbergcoupling. All German locomitive and cars have the screw coupling. And the americans have the Janney coupling so we have all thies ones in TSW2020 For many cars and locomotive so wen can pick then as an example the RRO Container cars Between the Coal cars from Dlc DB BR 155, or an class 66 with the german doubel-decker coaches, or an railadventure train transfer like the Senario from MSB with an DB BR 182. So thats my idea for an contist editor for TSW2

• Like Like x 1