1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cornwall > Pnz To ...

Discussion in 'Route Suggestions & Proposals' started by railway12, May 10, 2020.

1. railway12

railway12 Member

Hello, I would really like to see at least one Cornwall DLC, modern would be best like 2015 or later. So, I want all Routes of Cornwall – oh wait let me make it realistic, I want at least a typical DTG 42-mile route section of the Railway in Cornwall. I would like to start at Penzance because it has got a small but also fancy depot and it’s a nice place to start when seeing the seaside and St. Michaels Mount, so I suggest beginning from Penzance and then heading towards Truro. With the St. Ives and the Falmouth branch lines included. That would be a total of about 42 miles so should not be a problem and quite doable. But I have absolutely no problem when going beyond or when splitting Cornwall in a few DLCs.
    Maps are attached

Starting with the local branch lines with Classes 150, 153 to the commuter Plymouth Service with 150 or 158 and Exeter Services with usually Class 158 operating, and to Bristol and Cardiff with sprinters or the new castle class. Not to forget the services to London Paddington with Class 43 or 802. Also, the shunting work in Plymouth and Penzance should be made as well. And lastly a few cargo services with mostly class 66. And Cross Country is operating here too with Classes 220, 221 to far away destinations like Edinburgh or Birmingham. But all Trains cannot be made of course – so if I would choose from these Locos then I would pick the already existing 08, 43 (easy to make 255), 66 with the 150 and 158 and maybe the Class 57 as an extra Loco DLC.

And it is also worth mentioning that the branch lines wait for their service when the 43 or the 802 is delayed – happens nearly all days – then I would make it in one or more Scenarios to bring some realism in.

Also, why is Cornwall a fantastic area for TSW? Because of the beautiful scenery (seaside, tunnels, bridges, stations, landscape, sights) of Cornwall combined with the Graphics of TSW would surely make it stunning. Also, there are quite a few versatile services from Cornwall.

I hope this sounds interesting for a possible future DLC.

Cornwall Lines:
    Main Line > 79 miles

[​IMG]
    St Ives Bay Line > 4 miles
    [​IMG]
    Maritime Line > 12 miles
    [​IMG]
    Atlantic Coast Line > 21 miles
    [​IMG] Looe Valley Line > 9 miles
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Tamar Valley Line > 15 miles
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Various Cargo Branches: Goonbarrow, Fowey Drinnick Mill, Moorswater
    [​IMG]

Cornwall Services: CC = Cross Country GWR = Great Western

CC Newquay/Penzance – Plymouth – beyond > 43/220/221

GWR Newquay – London Paddington > 43/802

GWR Penzance – London Paddington > 43/57/802

GWR Penzance – Plymouth/Newton Abbot > 150/153/158/255

GWR Penzance –Exeter > 150/153/158/255

GWR Penzance – Bristol/Cardiff > 150/153/158/255

GWR (Penzance)/St. Earth – St. Ives > 150/153

GWR (Penzance)/Truro – Falmouth > 150/153

GWR Par – Newquay > 150/153

GWR Liskeard – Looe > 150/153

GWR Plymouth – Gunnislake > 150/153

GWR Shunting Penzance TMD/Laira T&RSMD > 08

btw in 2015 a few Pacers were also operating but idk exactly where

Red old – when Route is based on 2015 like Paddington – Reading

Blue new – when Route is based on 2019/20

Classes
    Class 08 - Doing some shuting in Penzance TMD

[​IMG]
    ---Passenger---
    Class 43/Class 255 Castle - Resting at Penzance TMD
    [​IMG]
    Class 57 - Leaving Penzance

[​IMG]
    Class 143 - The Old Cornwall Service
    [​IMG]
    Class 150 - Rolling along
    [​IMG]
    Class 153 - On Maritime Line
    [​IMG]
    Class 158 - At Penzance waiting for service
    [​IMG]
    Class 220/221 - Passing trough Camborne
    [​IMG]
    Class 802 - The new Generation
    [​IMG]
    ---Cargo---
    Class 37 - At St. Austell
    [​IMG]

Class 66 - On Fowey Branch
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 11
  2. Michael Newbury

Michael Newbury Well-Known Member

I would love to see something like this added to TSW.

• Like Like x 4
  3. dojin19503

dojin19503 New Member

This would really be a lovely route for TSW

4. chris-penny

chris-penny Member

This would be a really good addition to the game!

5. dojin19503

dojin19503 New Member

6. Rob39

Rob39 Well-Known Member

Nice proposal. How does it tie together. Are you requesting PNZ-PLY as the spine of the route?

7. railway12

railway12 Member

It would also be nice to see PNZ-PLY but it's like about 78 miles. I mean it would be nice but I know DTG doesn't cover so long routes so I did not request it "directly" but mhhh ... But I want a few branch lines included because they are one of the most beautiful lines I have seen so far. Seaside, Bridges, Forest, Castles and much more. And I chose to begin from PNZ because there's a depot where quite a few movements are taking place. So that there are quite a few services as mentioned above with a nice variety of stock. So I am reqesting PNZ to Truro with St. Ives Branch line and Maritime line modern ~2015 - I would also make it longer but that's the most realistic. But I also have given information about other lines in Cornwall to giving DTG a look to were they could probably extend.

• Like Like x 1
  8. fabdiva

fabdiva Active Member

I think it'll be a while before this one gets looked at - With Just Trains having recently (as in within the last year) done Plymouth to Penzance for TS Classic it'll be a while before DTG consider remaking it - it would be bad form to stomp on Partner Program 3rd party devs

9. dojin19503

dojin19503 New Member

Yes it was made recently for TS which is a shame because the Unreal Engine 4 would have made it more spectacular. But also Dovetail made GWE on TS and it's in TSW too. So there's a posibility this route may also come.

10. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

I think the western mainline PAD - OXF predates DTG back to the Kuju days... I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong

11. fabdiva

fabdiva Active Member

The Kuju GW route was the first ever route for EA Rail Simulator back in 2007 - so it's TSW remake was 10 years later

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  12. tallboy7648

tallboy7648 Active Member

This would require the extension of the great western express route to penzance which is long. This would also require the great western express route from London Paddition to Reading to be electrified and moderrnized and I don't think we will see that anytime soon.

13. fabdiva

fabdiva Active Member

Oh should also add Pacers were vary rare visitors to Cornwall, they are restricted to mainline only and certainly would only be send down if absolutely desperate and there was no other option. One of the 143s gained a Kernow badge after making it to Penzance.

• Like Like x 1
  14. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

It would require neither of those things. It would be a separate route in Cornwall.

• Like Like x 1
  15. fabdiva

fabdiva Active Member

Yeah, Penzance Crews don't go further East then Exeter

16. railway12

railway12 Member

Interesting didn't know. But yep that's right the pacers where never really home in Cornwall, they normally came from Plymouth and Exeter but since a few years they are not visiting Penzance anymore, not really. HSTs are mainly operating here with sprinters beeing the backbone for quite a few years.

17. Rob39

Rob39 Well-Known Member

Pacers being withdrawn in general.

18. railway12

railway12 Member

Yep I know that pacers are taken out of service. But it's kind of nice that Pacers got badges when coming to Penzance.