County Donegal Railway (rep. Of Ireland)

Discussion in 'Route Suggestions & Proposals' started by phildunne143, Nov 14, 2020.

1. phildunne143

phildunne143 New Member

The county Donegal Railway formed over 100 miles of 3 foot gauge track which was among the largest narrow gauge systems anywhere in North-West Europe. The lines served the small towns and villages in Ireland's northernmost county of Donegal.

https://images.app.goo.gl/VXMA2RTgCW6Ks9wA6
    (Link is an image of the railway system in question)

Over the years the railway racked up 21 locomotives; 56 passenger vehicles and 304 goods vehicles used in service across the network. Sadly, This delightful piece of Irish railway history, like most steam railways in Ireland has been confined to the history books with only a few miles of track still in existence and just 4 steam locomotives, one diesel and 7 diesel railcars left in existance along with a few pieces of rolling stock.

I thought it wouuld be nice to change that. There is not much narrow gauge in train simulator as far as I can tell. A good narrow gauge dlc would be somthing definatley worth buying providing it has locos, rolling stock and scenarios to boot. I think it would be a great addition to the game. The following are images and videos of the railway in its day.

Please send feedback and tell me what you think!

Link to a short video of one of tge class 5Atanks in action on the line

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Images of trains on the line probably towards the end of its life.

Last edited: Nov 14, 2020