Crash After Switching From Epic To Steam

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by tanish, Jul 31, 2021.

Tags:
  1. tanish

tanish New Member

I installed tsw2 from Epic first, it ran fine, then I unistalled and installed the game from steam, and now the game won't start, it keeps crashing and shows this error. No clue what's happening.

Attached Files:

2. Mr JMB

Mr JMB Well-Known Member

note at the top it still says Epicaccountid, so I think you have a mixture installed which won't work at all. You can't use the Epic files on Steam.

3. bluetiger#2496

bluetiger#2496 Member

Have you tried to verify the integrity of the game files through the Steam launcher? It sounds like the install may have gotten corrupted. If that doesn't work, you could restart your computer and try the game again. That sometimes fixes problems. If none of those work, try uninstalling both versions of the game, deleting all files and folders left behind by them, restart your computer, then reinstall the steam version again and try it.

• Like Like x 1
  4. tanish

tanish New Member

I did see that, and I did uninstall the EG files, before installing the steam files, and both of those libraries do not use the same folder, but I think some data files were left behind from epic, and now the game is trying to verify the license on Epic rather than steam, I think

5. tanish

tanish New Member

yeah, you were right the install got corrupted, Thanks!