Create Own Destinations For The Trains

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Br425, Jul 20, 2020.

1. Br425

Br425 Well-Known Member

Hi
    I think it would be cool if we could set up our own destinations for the destination boards in the trains. So if we create a scenario for an S-Bahn train in Köln, it can show the correct destination.
    If it could be added to the scenario planner I could type my own text for the destination board when I set up an AI train for my scenario. That adds more realism.

If somehow this is possible it would be great if you could do this.
    „Nicht einsteigen” looks wrong and actually means that you're not allowed to enter the train...

• Like Like x 1
  2. Monder

Monder Well-Known Member

That would be nice considering we well be putting the trains on different routes, where they might not have preset destinations. And as it is not a text-to-texture, it probably shouldn't be that difficult to make accessible for in-game editing.

3. Dinosbacsi

Dinosbacsi Well-Known Member

I believe the game sees where the train is heading and automatically sets the destination boards, no? At least I believe that's what they said how it works.

As for the player trains, you can set them yourself in the cab.

Edit: oh, sorry, I just see you're talking about the case of using trains on other routes?

4. Br425

Br425 Well-Known Member

Dinosbacsi So you will be able to use for example the BR 422 for a scenario on the Köln Schnellfahrstrecke if you own Hauptstrecke Rhein-Ruhr or Rhein-Ruhr Osten. That BR 422 will probably not have the correct destination for that route because it comes from an other route. So it would be nice if we could set our own one.

5. matthewbguilford

matthewbguilford Well-Known Member

I agree that it would be an awesome feature, I know in the 422 your able to pick which destinations show up on the board. It depends on how much time and effort had to be put into it. If they are simply able to add the other stations from other German routes to choose from on our list that would be great or if the stations simply could be replaced to coincide with which route you chose. I think this possibly could be something we see post launch when they have more time and people to do the project, I think your idea is great.