Create Scenarios But Need Waypoints For Some To Work

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ChooChooKeith, Jun 16, 2019.

1. ChooChooKeith

ChooChooKeith Active Member

In creating scenarios I noticed in some of the routes that waypoints help spread you out from the AI and allows for the scenario to flow. For instance does someone have the waypoints that could be used for Munich-Garmisch and then even the return trip. What are the good waypoints to use? or can this just be any of them. if you create a scenario and you just say Munich Platform 18 and go straight to Garmisch Platform 2 say. it plots a path but when you start adding AI it can get messy. Any ideas on how to make this a little easier in creating these. I am really looking for the best waypoints to use in order to put good AI traffic around it.

Last edited: Jun 16, 2019
  2. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

I've found the best way to do this is to use the "go via" waypoints for each station, but then hide them from the waypoint / destination list so the player only ever sees the places they stop at (or other instructions)
    This way you can route how you wish to without getting into tangles with AI or going down tracks you don't wish to

You can also set your own track markers (the ones which show as orange on the HUD map). Matt P has a good youtube vid on this so go check that out. The only thing I would say on that one is I can't seem to get the markers to overlap so great for waypoints but not stopping or platform points.